Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i have always wondered why their isnt a weather app built into the blackberry i ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

itsadrian no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile New Weather App Idea

Advertisement

i have always wondered why their isnt a weather app built into the blackberry i mean it would be nice to know the weather when ur traveling.

any ways is it possible to make a weather app that shows the temp and conditons on the top bar like where notifications pop up maybe like with a sun or a rain ro a cloud with the temp and then more expandable view in the app itself with all the good stuff>?!

Paian no está en línea Stack level 3
    yes there is something much like what you want

its call WeatherEye from weathernetwork

look at the OTA link in the sticky

Its a superb program, tells you condition with picture, the temp in your homepage with icon, and it can be sync once from everyy 15min to whatever you choose

EDIT: Oh and its free! woot for free handy app

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    There' also BBWeather. The most fantastical (IMHO) weather program ever released for the blackberry.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...360#post743360

yea thats close but i want an icon on the top bar so i can just glance say like when its locked or so i can hide the icon and just have it update on its own!

DonGato no está en línea Stack level 3
    I understand what you mean but real state there is expensive... meaning that the small space we have is used by other (more important) things. I for one would remove the carrier name and put something useful like weather as you say. But I doubt there is a way to do that with current BB API. :P

In any case, yes, it would be nice for us to be able to redesign that part of the BB (the status header). I will expect more customization from new mobile OS. I love Android demos so far, that show a glimpse of this with a usage speed never seen in the BB platform.

I think you can because facebook has an icon up their so it can be done

joeybuckets123 no está en línea Stack level 2

No more bbweather????

Ekzt1nr no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    bbweather works fine...i have that...better than any other i found...i dont see the point in having one that changes weather icon when you could just look up and see the sky change..then again, if you do travel and want to know how the weather is where your gonna land...its a good app...but not really as necessary

yea but weather should be built in and the status bar is perfect i think!

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    I've been a long time fan of BBWeather, but WeatherBug has recently replaced it. You get two icons on your home screen - one with the current temp, and the other which either displays the days High & Low forecast temp, or just displays it when you select it. I especially like that you change its settings under Options rather than having to go into the app.

Both are listed in my Mini Version Tracker blog (including the latest version of BBWeather which has been updated and now works).

BTW - I don't like WeatherEye because even though you choose English measurements, it only applies to the temperature. All other measurements are still METRIC! What's with that WeatherEye???
    Last edited by jdellasala; 06-04-2008 at 01:24 PM.
    JerryD

At $40 a year I wouldn't even consider WeatherBug and I doubt it works for my location. WeatherEye is ok as an application with a nice changing home icon but the data is really off for my location.

And Ekzt1nr, if knowing the forecast and temperature was as easy as looking at the sky there wouldn't be any weather forecast companies, don't you think?!

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DonGato View Post
    At $40 a year I wouldn't even consider WeatherBug and I doubt it works for my location. WeatherEye is ok as an application with a nice changing home icon but the data is really off for my location.

And Ekzt1nr, if knowing the forecast and temperature was as easy as looking at the sky there wouldn't be any weather forecast companies, don't you think?!
    I haven't paid for WeatherBug. As far as I know it's free.

Spamdumpster no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    2423c9c5
    Quote Originally Posted by DonGato View Post
    At $40 a year I wouldn't even consider WeatherBug
    Yeah, but would you pay $0? New Weatherbug Direct is free:

http://weather.weatherbug.com/labs/w...lackberry.html

Nice that is free (I wonder what's the difference with the $40/year service) but as I wondered it doesn't support my location.

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Spamdumpster View Post
    Yeah, but would you pay $0? New Weatherbug Direct is free:

http://weather.weatherbug.com/labs/w...lackberry.html
    Wow I like this a lot.

I'm going to continue using it to see if I like it enough to keep it. Thanks!
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast