Vr+ has an upgrade....2.10. They seem to be busy recently. New features.....forward and rewind option.....improved ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

new VR+ update

Advertisement

Vr+ has an upgrade....2.10. They seem to be busy recently. New features.....forward and rewind option.....improved interface.....intergration of address book and MESSAGES.....can now create VR+ from messages. There's a couple of other additions through messaging as well (reply, reply all)I haven't played with it yet but you still have the free ver. And the full functioning 7 day trial. I have to add that this is my 2nd fav app. Pinstack being the first

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e

Re: new VR+ update

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Wjats vr?

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Sorry,
    VoiceRecorder+ it's a neat little tool to record and send voice in emails. A pocket recorder for the BB

Here's the link: http://wap.shapeservices.com/downloa...corderPlus.jad

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ looks pretty cool is this better than the one the phone comes with and I can use my curve with it right

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

WARNING:if you have a previous version and your trial has ended you will not have access to the program unless you purchase the program. There is no free application with this version!!!!!!!!

If anyone finds out other wise please post

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

This is a more bang for your buck application that will put the built in voice messaging to shame.

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Yeah, too busy to answer support. SHAPESERVICES are really $ grabbers and then they run!
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

The free one works fine enough for me for now.... wonder (when) they'll disable use of the free version and force us to pay for this recording software...

I don't need to send them - just record notes for myself...

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

Shel no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Lowrider
    Yeah, too busy to answer support. SHAPESERVICES are really $ grabbers and then they run!
    Not sure why you're saying that...

I tried out a new version, and a week later was notified on my Pearl that the trial was over, and that I would need to register to continue using the program. (I was notified all during the trial period as to how many more days of my trial remained)

I e-mailed them, and stated that their website says that users could continue to use the basic VR+ to record/play back messages, but that if you wanted to e-mail your recordings you'd have to register, and that was NOT happening with the VR+ currently installed on my Blackberry. (It was the case with the VR+ I deleted, to install the upgrade, but I didn't have that version any longer)

They quickly (within a few hours) responded that yes, the new version does NOT allow continued use of record feature only, but they also attached the older version, and suggested that I remove the new version, and install the older version if all I wanted was record/playback, without the e-mail function.

Hardly what I'd call "$ grabbers....", I find it very generous of them to offer people the basic recorder, which the blackberry lacks, and only charge if people want the extended features...but that's my experience.

(hey, the Pearl comes with an app to e-mail voice recordings, what it DOESN'T have is a recorder to allow the bb to act like a tape recorder/dictaphone. And that's what I was really looking for)
    Last edited by Shel; 10-02-2007 at 01:09 PM.

peterme no está en línea Stack level 3

This is fantastic! Does anybody know how long it will record for, at one time? If you set it to save to card memory, will it just go until the card is full? Thanks

Shel no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by peterme
    This is fantastic! Does anybody know how long it will record for, at one time? If you set it to save to card memory, will it just go until the card is full? Thanks
    There is a setting, asking the user how much memory they want set aside for VR+.

Aside from that, I believe you can keep recording until all of your memory is full.

SHAPE no está en línea Developer

Quote Originally Posted by jscottbarnes
    The free one works fine enough for me for now.... wonder (when) they'll disable use of the free version and force us to pay for this recording software...
    I don't need to send them - just record notes for myself...
    We are not going to disable previous version (and cannot do that, by the way).

Victoria
    Support Team
    SHAPE Services
    www.shapeservices.com

SHAPE no está en línea Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Lowrider
    I have sent you a private message.
    Hope we will be able to clarify this situation.

Victoria

dober29 no está en línea Stack level 1

How to bring up the Menu from 8703e

I have upgraded my OS to 4.2.1.106 on my 8703e.

I installed VR+ and it works partially (it allows me to record, pause, and then send the voice message). But if I save the message (without sending), I can not bring up the Menu of the application (to send it later). The Click Wheel allows me to scroll up and down the tree view and when clicking on a saved voice memo, it shows the "play" icon in the lower right (but no sound). So far the only buttons that do anything are the Scroll wheel (allows me to navigate only), the escape button (below the scroll wheel which brings up a menu that allows the scroll wheel to select Save Send Upload or Cancel) the space button (Record, Pause), and the delete button (which allows me to delete a memo).

I tried every button alone, with the Num Lock, and the Alt and I can not find a way to bring up the menu command with the 8703e BB model. It came up once when I first installed the application and I scrolled to select "Tree View" now I can not get back to the "Menu" to change it back.

Uninstalling and reinstalling VR+ has no effect.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

visortgw no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs down Re: How to bring up the Menu from 8703e

Quote Originally Posted by dober29 View Post
    I have upgraded my OS to 4.2.1.106 on my 8703e.

I installed VR+ and it works partially (it allows me to record, pause, and then send the voice message). But if I save the message (without sending), I can not bring up the Menu of the application (to send it later). The Click Wheel allows me to scroll up and down the tree view and when clicking on a saved voice memo, it shows the "play" icon in the lower right (but no sound). So far the only buttons that do anything are the Scroll wheel (allows me to navigate only), the escape button (below the scroll wheel which brings up a menu that allows the scroll wheel to select Save Send Upload or Cancel) the space button (Record, Pause), and the delete button (which allows me to delete a memo).

I tried every button alone, with the Num Lock, and the Alt and I can not find a way to bring up the menu command with the 8703e BB model. It came up once when I first installed the application and I scrolled to select "Tree View" now I can not get back to the "Menu" to change it back.

Uninstalling and reinstalling VR+ has no effect.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    I have reported this exact issue several times since early November 2007, but I have only received "lip service" in response -- "This situation requires a bit more time for investigation (since November!). We will get back to you with the results as soon as possible." The SHAPE website states that "all 4.2 OS devices" are compatible, but currently trackwheel devices are NOT fully functional.

EDIT: Here is the latest response from SHAPE as of this morning: "Sorry for the inconvenience. Unfortunately now our developers can not reproduce this issue on our device. Please try to update your firmware and let us know about the results."

I am running the latest released firmware (VZW/OS v4.2.1.106) for the 8703e (i.e., there is nothing for me to update)!
    Last edited by visortgw; 01-23-2008 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Add'l response from SHAPE