Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey Pinstackers, A new version of Viigo is now available, v. 2.2.70. Here's the OTA ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

petey no está en línea Stack level 2

New Viigo: v. 2.2.70 now available

Advertisement

Hey Pinstackers,

A new version of Viigo is now available, v. 2.2.70.

Here's the OTA link: http://getviigo.com/pinstack.html.

Enjoy!
    Pete

surfanimal no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

Re: New Viigo: v. 2.2.70 now available

Thanks petey! What are the new additions from .64 to .70?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

sweet thanks a lot petey!

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Some more details emailed to me from Virtual Reach:

To
    Hayden James

Version
    Pinstack Version – 2.2.70

OTA LInk
    http://mobile.virtualreach.com/pinstack.html

What’s New

New Account Registration Wizard
    Enhanced User Interface
    Channel Notifications
    Article Alerts - customizable for all BlackBerry profiles (Quiet, Loud, Vibrate, In Holster, etc.)
    A Viigo Help menu option
    Server Side Performance Improvements

Beta Feedback
    The Viigo team reached out to the PinStack community and our users responded with great feedback.

This release reflects our commitment to not only develop and deliver the best mobile experience on the planet but to provide our users with the features and functionality they want.

Here’s what the PinStack beta community had to say about it:
    “Excellent excellent excellent! Crisper, faster, nice tweaks to the UI.”
    “Freaking Awesome!”
    “Looks fantastic and seems to really fly on my 8830! Great work!”
    “Didn't realize what this little program could do… now I can't live without it. Ditched my bloglines!”

Detailed Specs
    1. User ID Wizards

Upon installation, a sign-in Wizard will walk all new users through the login process. Moreover, we’ve also developed an optional ‘Guided Tour’ (which auto-launches after registration) to educate new users on how Viigo works.

How to:
    Though we still offer users the option to create a guest account, we designed a sign in Wizard to encourage all users to register their accounts with Viigo. Here are the benefits of a registered account:
    Login to Viigo from any Windows Mobile or BlackBerry device.
    Manage your Viigo feeds and services from the web.
    Take advantage of cool new services to come.
    Win Viigo swag, participate in Viigo contests, and join the Viigo community.

2. Notifications
    Modeled after BlackBerry’s intuitive design, Viigo displays a red ‘tomato splat’ at both the channel level and the article level anytime there’s new content.

How to:
    The channel icon will have a red star (sometimes called the red tomato) to indicate that the channel has new content. The articles within the channel that just arrived will also have a red star on the article icon.
    Exiting the article list view will clear the “red tomato” on all the new articles (even if they remain unread). This will also clear the “red tomato” on the channel icon on the channel list screen.

In later versions, the “tomato splat” will be extended to the desktop ribbon (for 4.2 devices only).

3. Alerts
    ‘Alerts’ is an extension of the notification feature, allowing users to customize an audible notification when specific content arrives on the device. The alerts feature is tied into the traditional Blackberry Profiles - Normal, Quiet, Vibrate etc - empowering users to customize how the Viigo alert should behave depending on the profile selected. (In/out of holster behavior, Tone/Vibrate, Mute/Volume etc. can all be specified.)

How to:
    Within Viigo, alerts can be turned on or off for each channel by highlighting the channel and selecting: Menu > Set Channel Alert. The alert can also be set conditionally, to trigger on the arrival of content that matches keywords entered by the user. A popular example of this is setting the keyword “Rain” for the Weather channel, thereby alerting a user to bring his umbrella to work.

When alerts are triggered, all items matching alert criteria are aggregated in a special view called My Alerts.
    Alerts are only triggered on an auto update, or when the user first turns on Viigo (which triggers an update). Note - Manual update of all or a single channel will not trigger alerts.
    When the device is holstered and a Viigo alert is triggered, if the user ‘unholsters’ the device within a few seconds, Viigo will open up automatically and open to the My Alerts screen which contains all the alert items.

4. Client side Channel Renaming
    Users can customize (or rename) the titles of the channels that they subscribe to, to anything they want.

How to:
    In the main Viigo screen, highlight the desired channel, and select “Edit Channel”.
    On this screen, in addition to the earlier information of channel URL etc., users will find an entry for Custom Name. Any name that is entered here will override the channel name that was specified by the publisher. Since Viigo sorts the list of channels alphabetically, changing the name allows the user to order the channels they way they want.
    For instance, all weather channels for various jurisdictions could have a custom name prefixed with Weather: thus ensuring that all these feeds will be grouped together in the channel list.

5. On Demand Collection
    As the number of channels in our database increase, the time taken to cycle through all of them and collect the latest items from the channel publisher is increasing. We have added the ability for the user to “force” collection on a single feed.

How to:
    When the user updates a single channel via the menu option in Viigo, the server will immediately fetch the most up to date items from the channel URL (instead of delivering whatever items it has collected thus far in its database).

The exception to this is if the last fetch from the channel URL comes within its TTL (time to live). The TTL is imposed by publishers in an attempt to minimize bandwidth usage on their servers), and specifies the minimum period of time that RSS aggregators are required to wait between two consecutive accesses to the channel URL.

PIN/ID
    ask me!

Awesome, thanks hayden!

petey no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by surfanimal View Post
    Thanks petey! What are the new additions from .64 to .70?
    Apologies, didn't get to this quick enough.

But Hayden has taken care of the details on what's new in this release.

Note:

Build 2.2.69 is for BlackBerry O/S 4.0 and 4.1.
    Build 2.2.70 is for BlackBerry O/S 4.2.x and higher.

The download page will automatically recognize your device type and O/S and serve up the correct version.

Cheers,
    Pete

gameboy213 no está en línea Stack level 3

I love Viigo and really like the latest update... it looks great.... but I am not getting many images in the feeds and when I do it takes FOREVER to get them.... it was much faster in the last build.... I think it was beta 2...
    Anyone else seeing that?

showtime no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Very nice. Upgrading now.

PIN/ID
    ask me!

Petey, just wanted to let you know that I like the new layout even better, thanks!

gameboy213 no está en línea Stack level 3

Is no one else seeing the really really slow appearance of images?

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3

petey please see the thread on viigo in 3rd party software section...not sure if you have seen it already...thanks!

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555

Can someone tell me how to add the pinstack channels like it shows in the pinstack to go pic? I can't seem to figure it out.
    ]

o1sowise no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by li2327 View Post
    Can someone tell me how to add the pinstack channels like it shows in the pinstack to go pic? I can't seem to figure it out.
    I do it from my PC, while browsing pinstack. You should see a Viigo icon near the top of certain header pages. Click it and the rest should be obvious.
    Last edited by o1sowise; 12-10-2007 at 10:16 AM.

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thanks Hayden you ROCK! I think I have the beta version so upgrading now.

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3

I have a question: is there a way to export the feeds from viigo to say firefox or something? i dont want to go through all my feeds one at a time and add them to firefox.

thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast