Hi, Last week we launched an updated version of the Y! oneSearch voice client. It ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

onesearch-voice no está en línea Stack level 1

Post New version of Y! oneSearch with voice

Advertisement

Hi,
    Last week we launched an updated version of the Y! oneSearch voice client. It contains some minor tweaks and improvements around permissions during the install flow. It is currently available for the BB 81xx, 83xx and 88xx series phones in the US.

You can download the client by pointing your mobile browser to http://m.yahoo.com/voice or going to http://mobile.yahoo.com/voice on your PC browser.

As always, we would love to hear any feedback on the product. Two ways to do this:
    1. On your BlackBerry: Click on the feedback link in the client
    2. On your PC: Go to mobile.yahoo.com/voice and click on the feedback link at the right of the page

Thanks,
    The Y! oneSearch team

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Thanks. OneSearch helped me find movie times while up in NorCal quite easily..

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Hmmm.....I went to download it, and the page say my OS is not Supported, I am running 4.5 but the older version of Yahoo oneSearch is running fine on it. Aww!! that sucks, well the one I have works great so I guess I'm kool for now.

Surfish no está en línea Stack level 1
    I use my WiFi extensively, why does one have to disable it to use OneSearch ?

zakz no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yep, me too. Won't let me download it. Says my OS 4.5 is not supported. But the earlier version works fine. So no biggie.

jorgeg.ledes no está en línea Developer
    I kind off didn't like it, I tried it and it came up with a search in New York and I'm in Miami.

Will this have GPS support ?
    Best regards

Jorge Ledesma
    PIN 2440BE7C

www.blackberrygtd.com

visortgw no está en línea Stack level 3

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by jorgeg.ledes View Post
    I kind off didn't like it, I tried it and it came up with a search in New York and I'm in Miami.

Will this have GPS support ?
    It does not appear to have GPS support -- simply append zip code to your search command using voice.

Surfish no está en línea Stack level 1
    Got it working and LOVE THIS APP

Quote Originally Posted by beeshabo View Post
    Hmmm.....I went to download it, and the page say my OS is not Supported, I am running 4.5 but the older version of Yahoo oneSearch is running fine on it. Aww!! that sucks, well the one I have works great so I guess I'm kool for now.
    Unfortunatley Blackberry OS 4.5 is not yet officially supported by Yahoo! oneSearch with voice.

That being said many people have had success running oneSearch with voice on 4.5. If you would like to try it you can navigate directly to the OS 4.3 version by typing the following link into your Blackberry browser:

http://downloads.vlingo.com/apps/one.../oneSearch.jad
    Last edited by onesearch-voice; 05-06-2008 at 11:43 PM.

RE running oneSearch with voice on your wifi-enabled device:

once you have installed and run the app for the first time, you can turn wifi on and everything will continue to work. In fact, in many cases turning off during install is not actually necessary, but since we have found that some devices have permissions-related issues when wifi is on during install, we are advising all users to turn it off during this time.

We will clarify the text to indicate that it is only required to be turned off during install and first run.

Thanks!

The Y! oneSearch team.

RE searching in a specific location:

There are two solutions here:
    1) say your location in the query:
    e.g. "burgers in Miami" or "Burgers Springfield Massachusetts" (or use the zip as visortgw suggested).

2) change your default location
    If you location in the onesearch page, it will be saved for your future searches - just hit the "change location" link next to the city in your results. If you don't specify a city in your search the default location will be used, even if you restart the app.

volscian no está en línea Stack level 5
    of course, one of the few downfalls to the 4.5...has anyone gotten it to work at all on 4.5, or is that a lost cause?