Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

didnt see it yesterday....thanx for the info... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

freddyqu2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E46BFB

Re: Full screen video player is here.

Advertisement

didnt see it yesterday....thanx for the info
    Freddyqu2
    (daman with the plan........unlimited access)

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

No problem. I think I might help a few people who weren't looking yesterday, as I wasn't

tj2311111 Guest

How much to use this program? I rarely play videos on my Pearl, but this seems like a cool program for those who do.

It is free Jordan.

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

It's not free. 20$ for mediaplayer and 28$ for all 4 programs.

Well then why do I have both of them working without paying anything?

DocGo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me

The free (personal) and paid (professional) versions are the same but I think if you paid for it, it will unlock more options. I have it working (free version) in my 8100 fine.
    8900-user
    DocGo

Quote Originally Posted by DocGo
    The free (personal) and paid (professional) versions are the same but I think if you paid for it, it will unlock more options. I have it working (free version) in my 8100 fine.
    Oh. Well the features on the free one are just fine for me

tj2311111 Guest

Okay so the versions that GotPearl? put up are the free personal versions right? I have to download both for it to work?
    Last edited by tj2311111; 04-15-2007 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by teamjordan23
    Okay so the versions that GotPearl? put up are the free personal versions right? I have to download both for it to work?
    Well I don't know about mulitplay because I already had it but the video thing is free.

dollars5 no está en línea Stack level 3

Arrow Re: NEW!! v1.1 of mediaPlayer and multiPlay relased with full screen video playpack!

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyC
    Running ok but full screen is still not actually full screen. The media is still only playing at same screen size minus the control bar?
    The point of full screen requires two detailed explanation:
    1] Full screen in the sense of screen without any buttons - this gives users a better video experience with the video player. You will sure like it as many users were requesting for this feature - the reason as told by people who requested for this is that the buttons in the default BlackBerry media player actually reduced the video experience with their device. And when in beta they were literally satisfies with this and liked it a lot. (Mind you other mobile platforms like Palm Treo, Windows Mobile and Symbian offer such button-less full screen view). The effective display area with Blackberry media player on Pearl 8100 is 240(w)x180(h), in comparison the mediaPlayer offers the whole screen resolution of 240x260 as the effective display area. On 8800 it is 320(w)x160(h) for Blackberry media player and for Dollars 5 mediaPlayer it is 320x240 - the full display area.

2] With the default BlackBerry media player there was an inherent problem if the videos for some reason did not have a proper aspect ratio (4:3 = 240x180 or 320x240); which the Dollars 5 mediaPlayer was designed to address: we will consider some cases - which differentiates the Dollars 5 mediaPlayer from the BlackBerry bundled media player.
    - case (a): larger media size and/or not in 4:3 aspect ratio (as the video might have been created for other mobile device and was shared by your friend to you) - Blackberry video player will try to fit the video for either width or height whichever is larger. Say a video which is of resolution 240x200- the default player will resize to fit to the height of 180 – a sample video is http://dollars5.com/QA/roadkill.avi (1.5MB) which is of 240x192); Dollars 5 mediaPlayer will allow a video of upto a height of 240pixels
    - case (b): minor change in pixels height/width when encoded for pearl or 8800: example: say to maintain aspect ratio the video was increased by 1pixels in height . The Blackberry media player will resize the video and render it. This problem is mainly due to the encoding software settings error and since Dollars 5 mediaPlayer will support larger display resolution – the video will be played in its expected size. A sample of such video is located at http://dollars5.com/QA/sweety.avi

-case (c): the video is smaller or of exact aspect ratio supported or the width is more than 240 pixels (and 320 for 8800) – both players will display it in the same manner – resized/exactly fit to width and centered.

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

Dollar 5 told me it was a limited free trial....weird! I might try it out, call me cheap but i rarely pay for software hehe the only bb software that i would be willing to pay for would be jivetalk if the price was right.

laz
    laz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244701B4

from pics posted by GotPearl I wouldn't exactly call this full screen, I mean they are just hiding controls. not really worth the MB space i think
    and why is everything I try and play Unsupported?
    Last edited by laz; 04-15-2007 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by laz
    from pics posted by GotPearl I wouldn't exactly call this full screen, I mean they are just hiding controls. not really worth the MB space i think
    and why is everything I try and play Unsupported?
    I don't know all I get is a white screen that takes up the full screen

adamazda no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F8729C

Re: NEW!! v1.1 of mediaPlayer and multiPlay relased with full screen video playpack!

lol.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast