Thanks for all the feedback on Boopsie, our fast mobile search application. As a sign ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

ggcespia no está en línea Stack level 2

New Spell-N-Dial app from the Boopsie folks

Advertisement

Thanks for all the feedback on Boopsie, our fast mobile search application.

As a sign of our appreciation, we created a free app that will allow you to spell a phone number (you know, like '1800Dentist') on your phone and it will figure out the right numbers. So, you don't have to think about what number 'd' is or 'e' is, etc.

So, you type: 1800dentist and the app will show you '18003368478'
    Then, you press enter or Menu -> Call and it will dial for you.

works with SureType too...

(Note: on your BB Pearl, make sure you press the pearl down while in the edit box to get the menu.)

There is a link to the Boopsie download page if you don't have Boopsie yet....you should try it out http://boopsie.com

Thanks!!

Greg

Krad no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: New Spell-N-Dial app from the Boopsie folks

not to be rude... but this is built into the os..

you can hold the alt button while typing in the letter and the os will figure out what your typing and type it.

We thought we would show you the numbers istead of waiting to dial and see - also just saving a tap or two... Also - Spell-N-Dial does work well on Suretype with the 8100/8800 as well.

Greg

peterme no está en línea Stack level 3

Thanks, Krad, I didn't know that.

audreypearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2277FD30

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i was gonna say the pearl does that already. Its really cool on the call log it says the 1800 number that you call with the letters and everything not the corresponding numbers.

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

Ok how does this app work? Please explain in details! Thanks! I download I click on icon and it opened and all kind of links showed up! What do I do next? Am I doing something wrong? Bb pearl here!
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

It's used to dial phone numbers that people give you that have letters in them. So, launch the app and start typing the phone number like '1800dentist' and it will display the actual phone number above what you typed. So, you'll see:

1800dentist

You can then click the pearl and choose Call - it then dials the number. You can also use the pearl to roll around to the displayed numbers and click them to have that number added to the phone number - which can be handy for one-hand dialing.

You either can click the pearl while in the text box to bring up the menu to call, or you can press the ENTER key to dial.

There is a link at the bottom that says 'Click here to try Boopsie mobile search'. That will launch the download page for our high speed mobile search application - which is another BB app we wrote to search things like Wikipedia, IMDB, Starbucks locations, etc.

Greg