This was buried in my Inbox since the 11th of this month... ----------------------------------------- "Hello Hayden, ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

New release: BlackBerry Video Generator 2.0

Advertisement

This was buried in my Inbox since the 11th of this month...

-----------------------------------------

"Hello Hayden,

We have just released version 2.0 of our bestseller "BlackBerry Video Generator". It now features:
    • Converting your (home) videos to a format your BlackBerry Pearl understands
    • Easy Installation
    • New User Interface
    • Better Usability
    • High Amount of Supported Formats:
      • MPEG-1 (VCD) and MPEG-2 (SVCD/DVD/DVB) video
      • MPEG-4 in all variants including DivX, OpenDivX (DivX4), DivX 5 (Pro), XviD
      • Windows Media Video 7/8 (WMV1/2)
      • Windows Media Video 9 (WMV3) (using x86 DLL)
      • RealVideo 1.0, 2.0 (G2)
      • RealVideo 3.0 (RP8), 4.0 (RP9) (using Real libraries)
      • Sorenson v1/v3 (SVQ1/SVQ3), Cinepak, RPZA and other QuickTime codecs
      • DV video
      • 3ivx
      • Intel Indeo3 (3.1, 3.2)
      • Intel Indeo 4.1 and 5.0 (using x86 DLL or XAnim codecs)
      • VIVO 1.0, 2.0, I263 and other H.263(+) variants (using x86 DLL)
      • MJPEG, AVID, VCR2, ASV2 and other hardware formats
      • FLI/FLC
      • HuffYUV
      • various old simple RLE-like formats
    As there was some confusion we renamed the product from "BlackBerry Video Creator" to "BlackBerry Video Generator". As you might see on the product page (Link), there are a lot of positive customer testimonials out there. If you want to review the product feel free to do so.

There is a promotion on the "BlackBerry Video Generator" at MobileSoftMarket. They provide a discount of 25% off within this month. Of course you can publish this discount to anyone, so feel free to do so ;-)

Discount Code: MPXMGT (can be entered at the end of the purchase process and is valid before 2006-11-30)

(Tip: This discount code can also be used for all other products in their shop)

Free program BBWallpapers with lifetime wallpaper access at handango. (Special Promotion until 2006-11-30)

--
    Best Regards,

S4BB Ltd."

taaustin no está en línea Stack level 2
    So, is this a Pearl only implementation of video, or with the rest of us (I'm an 8700 user) be able to implement video as well?

I'm particularly interested in tapping my slingbox.

Terry

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~thanks for posting this, this is only for the pearl huh?

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

No other BlackBerry has a media player (yet), nor the memory available to store the video files.

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee
    It would figure, I bought the old version about 12 days ago. Now I'd have to buy over.

Bellidansa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Pls Ask
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Well dang ! Could have used the discount, but it does work ! Using it now ! Didn't think I would be using the video side as quick, and converting installation was quick!

taaustin no está en línea Stack level 2

memory -forget about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis

No other BlackBerry has a media player (yet), nor the memory available to store the video files.
    I could care less about the memory... I'm looking for streaming. I want to watch my slingbox on a blackberry Slingplayer just like I can on my pocketpc.

dwaters no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: memory -forget about it...

Quote Originally Posted by taaustin
    I could care less about the memory... I'm looking for streaming. I want to watch my slingbox on a blackberry Slingplayer just like I can on my pocketpc.
    I'm deciding right now if I should move from 8700g to Pearl. I'm in tv news, so I'm REALLY looking for the answer you wanted. Anyone know if BlackBerry Pearl supports slingbox?

GaryD no está en línea Stack level 2
    Blackberry does not support Slingbox at this time. I've contacted both Slingmedia.com and RIM about this. I suggest everyone emails RIM at suggestions@blackberry.com and Slingmedia.com to suggest they make an app for the Blackberry. Right now it only supports Windows Mobile or Desktop OS's

GaryD no está en línea Stack level 2
    For those of you that don't know what Slingbox does - I suggest you go to the site - Its nothing less that AWSOME. It allows you to control your satelite dish (Dish Network or DirecTV) and to be able to watch either recorded TV or any live TV by doing it via the internet. The Slingbox connects to the boxes and then you connect it also to your internet router which them stream it to you. It even has a remote control on the screen to control the Sat Box as if your were right there. I've seen it for as low as $150 and even less on eBay sometimes. Right now - people with Windows Mobile PDA's are able to do this and RIM needs to get on the bandwagon. Lets ALL write to RIM and suggest it.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro
    I do believe when I was looking up info on slingbox it is up to slingbox to get thier software to work on the BlackBerry OS. They implied they were researching it with no ETA.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

kin01g no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: New release: BlackBerry Video Generator 2.0

I just want to be able to watch stuff like sportscenter. Will this help me?

kin01g no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: New release: BlackBerry Video Generator 2.0

Can you change the color of your trackball light if so how?