A new version of the popular Ramble IM client for AIM users is available. This ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum
New Ramble IM Released
A new version of the popular Ramble IM client for AIM users is available. This release fixes some bugs and offers new extension capabilities.
"Ramble now supports optional extensions to its functionality! You simply pick which extension(s) you'd like to install and download them below. Ramble will automatically discover them and add appropriate menu options."
- Real-Time IM with multiple "Buddies"
- Buddy List® Interaction and Management
- Color-coded Conversations and Chats
- Audible and Vibrate Alerts of Instant Message Events
- Private Multi-Buddy Chat Capability
- Public Chat Capability
- Background application capability (you can stay logged in and use email and other functions at the same time)
- System Alert Dialogs so you know when someone has IM'd you even when you're not in the Ramble application!
- Direct TCP Connectivity Available for BlackBerry OS v4.0
- Message Time Stamps, Radio Signal Meter, Over-The-Air Installation, and much more!
- *New*"Ramble now includes an API that supports optional extensions to Ramble functionality.
This was the first release after Ramble corrected the communication problems it was having with the AOL servers.
Last edited by twheeler; 11-15-2005 at 11:10 AM.
How does this fair versus verichat.
Pinstack.com – where Blackberry Professionals Connect!
Got Stacked? Then Join Stack Groups today, coming 24-July-06!
For AOL AIM messeging this is the BEST program.
You initialy have to have or create an account on AIM using a PC. The login info and buddy list must already be in place. Install Ramble and run it on your BB.
It is one of the only real time AIM chat programs for the BB. It does not poll a server every few minutes for messages. As a new message is ready, it instantly comes to the BB via Ramble.
Like all BB programs it has its quirks, but this is the only AIM program I'd use. I even run Ramble and IM+ at the same time just so I can have the AIM instant message and not have to poll the server.
I use Verichat and I think it is a solid app. As far as I can tell it does not poll a server. In all my experience with it, it appears to be instantanous.
That is not to say that there is anything wrong with Ramble, I just perfer one app for all messanger protocols. Similar to trillian for your PC.
Re: New rable IM Released
HEY CHECK OUT MY NEW POST HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL THERE!!!!
Tags for this Thread