Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i cant download and setup the new non beta opera mini using desktop manager. I ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

chiva255 no está en línea Stack level 1

new opera 4.1

Advertisement

i cant download and setup the new non beta opera mini using desktop manager. I have an 8310 and every time i go to install it using desktop manager it says :error, no new applications to install" I choose the 8300 version from the opera site because there are no options for my 8310 if that matters.

thanks in advance.

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro
    You need to download and install the latest OS for your BB onto the PC first. You can find it in the list here:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/blog.php?b=86

sbs8331 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Have you tried going to opermini.com from your bb? You may be able to download directly and install.

icepickberry no está en línea Stack level 1
    Cool

pNoyz3Ro no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244A4B08
    Hello, I just installed the new opera 4.1 ota last night.
    I have to say that it is awesome! Best bb browser out there.

No problems with it and its amazingly fast on EDGE.

vietalogy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2433c92a
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ yup its a lot faster.

jbean7916 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245A99C3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i can't download ota! It says my phone model isn't detected!

jsaradhi no está en línea Stack level 3
    i do like the browser...however there r few things that i hate abt this new version. since there is no way to tell a link to open in opera mini from email, i used to copy the link and paste it in opera mini to open it...now there doesn't seem to be a way to paste a link and go to the page. also, in the page information, there is no way that i found to copy the link of the page, so i can email it to myself or open it in bb browser. did i miss anything?

when u install a new version, is there a way to capture the favorites from old version into this new version in blackberrry itself or do i have to create an account and sync it? i dont want to install opera on my desktop!
    Last edited by jsaradhi; 05-14-2008 at 12:34 PM.

Dan Camacho no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24171C1C

Question Error

I tried this with 4.0 and 4.1 and get the same error everytime, I had OS 4.2.2 and now even with 4.5 I still have the same problem.

Edit. Btw, I do have internet connection...
    Last edited by Dan Camacho; 05-14-2008 at 04:14 PM.
    TelCel - 8300 Curve

Mike Stem no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Camacho View Post
    I tried this with 4.0 and 4.1 and get the same error everytime, I had OS 4.2.2 and now even with 4.5 I still have the same problem.

I am experiencing the exact same issue as Dan. It downloaded fine, then when I try to run it it says "Installing", the thermometer bar goes all the way over to the right, and then it errors out with Dan's message above. Anybody know what's going on?

WuTangPearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    If your looking to install via. DM make sure any previous versions of opera are taken off your device and removed off the install list, like happened to me for about an hour last bight before I fixed it
    As for not being able to connect try the all mighty battery pull and check your permission settings since its a frashly installed app

Dan Camacho no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24171C1C

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by WuTangPearl View Post
    If your looking to install via. DM make sure any previous versions of opera are taken off your device and removed off the install list, like happened to me for about an hour last bight before I fixed it
    As for not being able to connect try the all mighty battery pull and check your permission settings since its a frashly installed app
    I tried again, and this time checked the check box to modify the permisions. I set everything to ALOW and it still did the same thing. Not sure the battery pull is the answer, because I have done this between installs and it still does the same. I'll just delete it till 4.2
    Last edited by Dan Camacho; 05-14-2008 at 05:05 PM.
    TelCel - 8300 Curve

WuTangPearl no está en línea Stack level 3
    Don't get discouraged, some times it takes a bit of fiddling to get it right, try to delete the files off your computer and redownload it, make sure your aware of where the files are being downloaded to
    Its possible that it only finds the alx and not the cod

fCastle no está en línea Stack level 3
    Darn still has glitches with 4.5. Ah well, 4.5 browser is pretty good.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by jbean7916 View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i can't download ota! It says my phone model isn't detected!
    I had trouble downloading on my 8120 - had to try several times. Don't know why because it works fine on my 8320 so it's probably not a wireless issue - I use wi-fi on both. BUT, when I try to execute it and it goes into the "installing" mode (and it does it VERY SLOWLY) I always get the "Failed to connect to the Internet" message. I've not been able to make it work on the 8120.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast