Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I like the new version. It installs and works fine. I prefer this new beta ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

redmoon no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: New Opera?

Advertisement

I like the new version. It installs and works fine. I prefer this new beta 3 as there were some websites with scripts that wouldn;t work with the older versions incl beta 2. Now everything works

I prefer this to the regular bb broweser when viewing more graphic intensive sites

As rabbott commented the only annoying part is you cannot switch applications when browsing.

furtive no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7a47e9f3

I'm liking the new Opera myself. I freakin' love it.

danni04 no está en línea Stack level 2

Yeah, it sucks that you can't switch applications directly from Opera, but there's a workaround. Click on the green call button and it will take you to your call log. From there, you can switch to any other application. When you go back to Opera, it'll take you to the last webpage that you were viewing w/out having to re-load the page.

ikasen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by rabbott View Post
    The interface is nice. It certainly displays pages better than the built-in browser.

The only thing that annoys me about it is that I can't "switch application" when it's open. I have to exit the browser completely to hit another app. This limits it's true BB integration IMHO.
    I have good news for you; just hit alt-escape and you can switch to another app as easily as from any other app.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You can just hit the end call button(red phone) and it will bring you to the home screen. Then if you need to get back just use the application switcher.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

My app switcher works in Opera, I ca either hit my soft key for it, or use alt+escape. How were you switching apps before?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

sjb4 no está en línea Stack level 3

I upgraded straight from beta 1 to beta 3. Its a bit more BB-friendly I think. Seems to load pages faster than b1 did. I have never had a problem with leaving it and goingto other apps. It always returns me to the last page I read.

davidscott no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32c28f5e

Yah i downloaded the new beta and its seem to be ok.. having a few probs with it as far as getting to fullscreen and some little things but besides that i like it..

Better than the built in browser i think..
    Last edited by davidscott; 11-04-2007 at 12:54 AM. Reason: spelling

seabirdone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DE5001

I use both Operas ..4 seems to close a lot on 'uncaught exception' though. I read somewhere this is a BB OS problem...mmmm

JermsTSP no está en línea Stack level 2

This version locks up my phone for some reason and had to delete it. Does anybody know where I can find version 2?

franknj no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32CDD36A

I am going to have to agree with JermsTSP about opera locking up the phone. If does that a lot and sometimes it would never load up the page all the way.

It does have some great features but it still locks up my bb 8830 to the point where I have to pull out the battery and reset my device.

Opera is a great browser but needs a lot of work and improvements.

I suggest people not to install the beta until it is out of the beta stage.

ikasen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

I've used every beta up to the current version and never had it lock up my phone. Sounds like a conflict with another running program or a bad instalation. They recommend you delete the prior beta version before a new install. You might want to try that if you haven't yet.

raskitoma no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2055AF80

Opera is not ready for Blackberry owners... It would be ready when it supports connection via BIS.

franknj no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    32CDD36A

So I should just uninstall opera and reinstall it again and it might stop it from locking up my device?

As I mentioned there are time when I am browsing the web and it does not load the page all the way. I then have to exit opera beta and restart it again,

but when I do that and I go to another site it will just say connecting....

And nothing happens and I have full signal so what I do is remove my battery from my device and power it back on again and the problem is gone.

I will uninstall it and put it back in again and see if that helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12