Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Has anyone downloaded the new Opera? I was wondering what the new features were and ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

amanda0769 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

New Opera?

Advertisement

Has anyone downloaded the new Opera? I was wondering what the new features were and if you think it is better than just the regular browser?? Thanks!!

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

Re: New Opera?

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

I've seen both good and bad reviews. I had trouble with the 2nd beta so I think I'll wait til it gets out of beta to download it.

PIN/ID
    Ask

I am giving it a whirl. If I dont like it I figure I'll just delete it. Is there any other browser out there besides the normal one that comes with the phone and Opera? That is stable and good that is!?

cyberspastic no está en línea Stack level 5

not that I know of. but once opera works out the bugs and gets out of beta it should be great.

PIN/ID
    Ask

I already deleted it! HAHA. I downloaded it and it "installed" and let me read the new features then I exited out of it then went to go back into it and it went to "install" it again and got stuck 1/2 way through. This happened twice before I lost my patience and said forget it! I'll wait until it's final release!

TedB no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AF2BA8

Successfully installed and seems to be working just fine. It's alot nicer of an interface than the previous version.

PIN/ID
    Ask

Hmmm...maybe I'll try it again later. I did like it before.

TedB no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AF2BA8

You should at least try it. It's worth it if you can get it installed. Are you still on .175?

Typhoid no está en línea Stack level 2

So any real feedback on this app yet?

spkack no está en línea Stack level 1

I had Opera 4 Beta 2 loaded on my 8300 and found that the left and right menu buttons didn't work. with Opera 3, it shows the left and right options on the screen, and gives you all the available options when you hit the menu button. In version 4 Beta 2, when you hit the menu button, you don't get all of the options.

Bottom line - Opera 4 Beta is not ready for Blackberry yet. Looks like it's focusing on other platforms.

ikasen no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Quote Originally Posted by spkack View Post
    I had Opera 4 Beta 2 loaded on my 8300 and found that the left and right menu buttons didn't work. with Opera 3, it shows the left and right options on the screen, and gives you all the available options when you hit the menu button. In version 4 Beta 2, when you hit the menu button, you don't get all of the options.

Bottom line - Opera 4 Beta is not ready for Blackberry yet. Looks like it's focusing on other platforms.
    Your bottom line conclusion in incorrect. I have been using every beta for version4 since beta1. Each one has slowly improved their blackberry support. Beta4 works great, but does have some slight regressions since beta3.
    The two major regressions are:1) you have to answer a network prompt yes or no everytime you first go to an online site after starting the app. 2) Certain websites that require a username and password will not recognize you. As in the past, I expect the Opera team will eventually overcome these problems as they have overcome problems in the past.
    It certainly works well on Blackberries and has been improving it's Blackberry support all the time.
    BTW, the left and right menu buttons work and show all the options on Beta2 and Beta3.
    Last edited by ikasen; 10-29-2007 at 06:11 PM.

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i love the way beta three is turning out, its working really well in my opinion, except for the little prompt for the network access... I hope they fix that. And it definately needs a little boost in the myspace part of it because if I login and do somethings and type a long message and hit send it wants me to log back in and then I lose the message I was sending. Which hopefully gets worked out. Other than that... Grade A

sarami no está en línea Stack level 1

I honestly like opra 3 best. Jus didn't like the new version. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

rabbott no está en línea Stack level 2

The interface is nice. It certainly displays pages better than the built-in browser.

The only thing that annoys me about it is that I can't "switch application" when it's open. I have to exit the browser completely to hit another app. This limits it's true BB integration IMHO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast