Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Originally Posted by vargas28 Is this program only good for the blackberry pearl? We have ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

dollars5 no está en línea Stack level 3

Arrow Re: New Improved mediaPlayer v1.5: with Internet Radio and tons of enhancements

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by vargas28
    Is this program only good for the blackberry pearl?
    We have tested it and certified only for 8100, 8300 and 88xx devices.

Some users claimed to have been successful with using on 87xx series devices - but they are not officially supported by us.

There can be varied reason why Radio fails:
    1] Check if your APN settings are properly configured refer to http://www.blackberryforums.com/blac...ip-no-bes.html for addition information on configureing your internet connection

2] When prompted - did you allow to connect to internet, else you can edit from Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications -> mediaPlayer -> Menu -> Edit Permissions -> set Connections to "Allow"

Again be informed that we officially only support 8100, 8300 and 88xx series devices.

reemobeens19 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    na

Re: New Improved mediaPlayer v1.5: with Internet Radio and tons of enhancements

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I have to admit at first I thought this app was gonna be a let down just like the rest out there, how ever this is the first app I have seen that supports full screen video and radio. It also seems to "skip" less than any other also. You guys are most definately on top of things and judging by this thread customer service is a must. There is one thing I have to ask..... Purchased product comes with "free upgrade" ??? If so I'm in. Thanks in advance.

Thumbs up Re: New Improved mediaPlayer v1.5: with Internet Radio and tons of enhancements

Quote Originally Posted by reemobeens19
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I have to admit at first I thought this app was gonna be a let down just like the rest out there, how ever this is the first app I have seen that supports full screen video and radio. It also seems to "skip" less than any other also. You guys are most definately on top of things and judging by this thread customer service is a must. There is one thing I have to ask..... Purchased product comes with "free upgrade" ??? If so I'm in. Thanks in advance.
    Thanks for the kind words of appreciation.

Kindly be informed that we provide multiple points of support, e-mail based support (on an average we reply in less than 5 hours - most cases it is with in a few hours of your e-mail), we also have a support forum at http://dollars5.com/munity/ , product documentation and messenger based support if required. (Phone based support is atp provided to only enterprise customers but sooner to end-users support too)

Regarding free product upgrades for lifetime - if you purchase now, you can freely upgrade to any future version of mediaPlayer without any problems. You are also protected from price raise (If you noted we launched mediaPlayer 1.0 for USD 17.49 and now priced at USD 19.99). Also you should find multiPlay Professional really appealing as it is a suit of 4 applications multiPlay (a bundle of multifunctional application), mediaPlayer, vNotes (exciting voice recorder) and txtNotes (notepad for blackberry) for just USD 27.49 . More details can be found from our site at http://dollars5.com/plete/

jbjackson3004 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EEF24E

Question. I don't have a data plan. Not intrested in any of the internet streaming or stuff like that. I was looking into purchasing an ipod or the similar... BUT...

Is there a version of this that's just the stand alone media player that will allow me to make a playlist and play them all for me?

And if not....

Would there be a chance of making one???

I'm really intrested in the media player part. And I suppose, if you weight the 20 bucks against the price of a new or used mp3 player you'd win. But... just figured never hurts to ask.

Kindly be informed that intialy we started of with just audio player and we incresed the price only when video support was added - it took us great deal of time and effort to bring it. But the radio update was provided at no extra cost. To answer more detailed:

"The inital version 1.0 costed just USD 17.49 and just offered exactly what you were asking for. We added video playback support, some bug fixes and minor features and make it to USD 19.99 which again is reasonable compared to other software in the market (and if you notice we just only increased a mere USD 2.50), the radio feature was offer with version 1.5 at no extra cost at all."

The price was set based on a user survey on how much people wish to shell out for such an application, many beta testers gave insightful suggestions in helping us setting the price.

Also be informed that even great features are in line and I donot want to break any suspense here until it is formally announced.

Nick S no está en línea Stack level 1

Has anyone been successful getting this to work on a VZW 8703e? I would kill to get my Soma FM or KCRW streams on my BB.

Thanks

Nick

twheeler no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E261CF

I've been using this trial for a few days and really like it. The one glitch that is keepng me from buying is this:

Everytime I'm playing with this player and a new mail or notification comes in, I hear the tone for notification of new message and have to resart the dollars5 player to get it to play audio again.

Is this a known issue? Is there a fix?

jbjackson3004 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23EEF24E

I'm very happy I downloaded this trial, works exactly like what I was looking for. I'll probably be purchasing the bundle of 4, just beacause get more for the buck. Anyway, first off, thanks cause you saved me from having to purchase an ipod.

Secondly...

I'm a custom kinda guy, only thing this lacks for me is the ability to change the colors or customize the player itself. Anything I missed somewhere on how to do this??

Thirdly...

How long does the trial last?? I don't wanna buy it if its still free.

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

$5, is the media player the same player as the mp3 player?
    If so, I can't see my video's in the explorer. I uninstalled and re-installed. thx
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

Thumbs up Re: New Improved mediaPlayer v1.5: with Internet Radio and tons of enhancements

Quote Originally Posted by twheeler
    Everytime I'm playing with this player and a new mail or notification comes in, I hear the tone for notification of new message and have to resart the dollars5 player to get it to play audio again.
    Is this a known issue? Is there a fix?
    Thanks for reporting this, our QA team must have missed identifying this, we will fix this with the next release.

Quote Originally Posted by jbjackson3004
    I'm a custom kinda guy, only thing this lacks for me is the ability to change the colors or customize the player itself. Anything I missed somewhere on how to do this??
    Thanks for the kind words of appreciation, the next major release (v2) will have themes and full customization.

Quote Originally Posted by jbjackson3004
    How long does the trial last?? I don't wanna buy it if its still free.
    The trial lasts for 1 week.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowrider
    $5, is the media player the same player as the mp3 player?
    If so, I can't see my video's in the explorer. I uninstalled and re-installed. thx
    Not sure, Dollars 5 mediaPlayer is the one sold/refered from http://www.dollars5.com/plete/blackb...ry-pearl-8100/

ChefScott no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    212c6ad0

Oof, I loaded the media player onto my phone and lost all of my apps I had downloaded. grrrrr trying to get them all back now

Arrow Re: New Improved mediaPlayer v1.5: with Internet Radio and tons of enhancements

Quote Originally Posted by ChefScott
    Oof, I loaded the media player onto my phone and lost all of my apps I had downloaded. grrrrr trying to get them all back now
    Not sure what had happened, as far as I know, installing any application in Blackberry will not remove or corrupt other applications. That is the prime reason why Blackberry is proposed for Enterprise environments - worst case a failure on Blackberry would only result in a uncaught exception raised and application exiting or reset of device - but this is the first time we get such report. I am sorry for what had just happeneded to you.

Can you provide more details
    - you did an OTA or install using Desktop Manager?
    - was this the same machine/computer you usually perform install on your blackberry? (in some cases installing from other computer might result in a corrupt device)
    - Anything else you did or any error messages you noticed after install / launch of application?

ChefScott no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    212c6ad0

I used the desktop manager
    same computer
    I did not get any error mesages
    The programs loaded fine, and where still on my phone,
    Lost my themes and any other OTA app I had loaded, and all but the color pearl wa removed.
    I had most of them in a folder, and have already reinstalled them. Getting the last OTA's installed now.
    It was just not what I was expecting to happen, just suprising, have never had that happn before
    But all is good again :-) I hope the player makes me smile when I use it

Quote Originally Posted by ChefScott
    I used the desktop manager
    same computer
    I did not get any error mesages
    The programs loaded fine, and where still on my phone,
    Lost my themes and any other OTA app I had loaded, and all but the color pearl wa removed.
    I had most of them in a folder, and have already reinstalled them. Getting the last OTA's installed now.
    It was just not what I was expecting to happen, just suprising, have never had that happn before
    But all is good again :-) I hope the player makes me smile when I use it
    Did you upgrade your OS or the desktop client recently and have not done/used Desktop manager since then - probably the themes files are lost during sync operation and this is not due to mediaPlayer.

I bet, you sure will like it, should you have any queries or feedback, feel free to get back to us, here or using our contact form at http://www.dollars5.com/plete/contact-us/

briannugent no está en línea Stack level 1

Here is my main question. I downlaoded Media Player and I really like it. But I was hoping it would allow me to play music in my car via bluetooth. Currently, I am not able to. I can use bluetooth for the phone itself, but not to play music via media player. I have the setting set to bluetooth, and followed the instructions but it doesnt play even when paired to my car.

am i missing anything or is media bluetooth playing not supported in car? If I have the media playing in the background, them make a call, then disconnect the call, I do hear music from the media player but it only lasts approx a half second before the music stops playing from my car speakers.

I was hoping this would allow me to stop using my iPod with FM transmitter...Any insight dollar 5?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast