Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Originally Posted by Flashman This program is so close, but still so far: Curve Volume ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

dollars5 no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up Re: New Improved mediaPlayer v1.5: with Internet Radio and tons of enhancements

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Flashman
    This program is so close, but still so far:
    • Curve Volume keys still not supported.
    We are working on this with RIM - so sooner you can expect us to sport side volume control ekys support on all Blackberry devices.
    • When you select to keep video controls on screen and play video fulls screen, video controls are nowhere to be found.
    The full screen mode will over ride the other options (we have documented this in our user manual) hence if you chose to select the title and controls - they will still be missing. If you prefer to just have the bottom controls - then - you can use this settings:
    [ ] Display FullScreen (Disabled/unchecked)
    [ ] Display Video Title (Disabled/unchecked)
    [x] Display Video Controls (Enabled)

Do let us know of any difficulties you expect with this. I have just alerted the developers to automatically disable the checkboxes for the title and controls when full screen is selected. And also some users have requested to add fast forward keyboard short cuts while in Full Screen mode - and this will also be added for next build.

• No way to lower/raise volume when in background (see first bullet, built-in media player uses them)
    RIM API does not support this atp and they seem to have no plans to enable third party applications like us to gain control while in background to handle key events. But if at any position thisn is available, we sure will support it.

• Streaming page has no pause, play, volume controls
    There is a volume control just above the status area in the bottom, accessing is easy - just scroll left->right to increase volume and scroll right->left to decrease volume. Regarding pause feature the content is being streamed live, so if we pause, there is more possibility that we might be able to fetch only that part of the content that will be served by the station at that moment.

But pausing of Podcasts are good option, I will let the developers know of this and the possibilities.

• etc...
    Let me know when 2.0 is out.
    Should you have more ideas do let us know we would be happy to implement them for you. Also shoot an email by contacting us at http://www.dollars5.com/plete/contact-us/ to gain access pre 2.0 version and be a part of developing the version 2.0.

Regards.

athenslb57 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: New Improved mediaPlayer v1.5: with Internet Radio and tons of enhancements

Something is wrong with the OTA install. I have tried yesterday and today w/o success. I installed, pulled battery and I do not have an icon nor does it even show up in the apps list. Has anyone had any OTA success?

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

Quote Originally Posted by mudshovel
    so we can stream internet radio? like our local radio stations?

anyone? bueller?

Thumbs up Re: New Improved mediaPlayer v1.5: with Internet Radio and tons of enhancements

Quote Originally Posted by athenslb57
    Something is wrong with the OTA install. I have tried yesterday and today w/o success. I installed, pulled battery and I do not have an icon nor does it even show up in the apps list. Has anyone had any OTA success?
    If you have problems with above OTA, please try the following:
    Visit: http://www.dollars5.com/get

select to install mediaPlayer - continue with download - this should work.

Let me know if any problem persists or try the below Desktop manager installation.

But many were successful with it - I made the announcement in forum only after a few beta testers successfully installing it via OTA and our QA team certifying the installation over OTA. Not sure what caused these problems. Hopefully the new OTA link should work for others facing problems.

Quote Originally Posted by mudshovel
    so we can stream internet radio? like our local radio stations?
    Sorry that I missed your question, apologies for the delayed response. Plese find the answer to your question below:

Yes, just download, install the application, find a internet radio station from the ever growing list at http://dollars5.com/munity/viewtopic.php?t=56 (4 new added today), launch radio module as illustrated in the above images and configure your station url and give it a name, there you go - hit play, it works. Make sure you also have proper APN settings for direct TCP/IP connection from Options -> Advanced Options -> TCP to get this all working.

Should you have any problems feel free to get back to us, we can help.

Flashman no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by dollars5
    [/list]We are working on this with RIM - so sooner you can expect us to sport side volume control ekys support on all Blackberry devices.

The full screen mode will over ride the other options (we have documented this in our user manual) hence if you chose to select the title and controls - they will still be missing. If you prefer to just have the bottom controls - then - you can use this settings:
    [ ] Display FullScreen (Disabled/unchecked)
    [ ] Display Video Title (Disabled/unchecked)
    [x] Display Video Controls (Enabled)
    Yes, but if you do that, the video is reduced in size. I guess what I was expecting was an option to overlay the video controls over the video, keeping the full display.

RIM API does not support this atp and they seem to have no plans to enable third party applications like us to gain control while in background to handle key events. But if at any position thisn is available, we sure will support it.
    Pity, because the built-in media player can do this and I constantly use that feature (go back to the home screen and control the music playback volume from there using the volume buttons).

BTW, I want to clarify my tone. I really really like what this app is offering and promising. I just want it to get to the point I feel comfortable using it as my background music player and main video player, and I am very likely to license it. I use my BlackBerry for music all day long at work.
    Last edited by Flashman; 06-29-2007 at 10:56 AM.

Yes, but if you do that, the video is reduced in size. I guess what I was expecting was an option to overlay the video controls over the video, keeping the full display.
    Oh, I misunderstood your needs, I thought you had problems with getting controls display. Sorry for the confusion.

Let me clarify. Currently we only support only permanent controls or no controls. But kindly be informed that we are working to get the overlay type controls layout as you mentioned - you can expect something in that direction from us sooner

Pity, because the built-in media player can do this and I constantly use that feature (go back to the home screen and control the music playback volume from there using the volume buttons).
    Rim is very restrictive in opening their API access to third parties, unfortunately we cannot complain them as it may lead to many problems if they give full un-restricted access to their platform. But we are expecting they will do open up accessing/trapping keys while in background. Foreground volume keys you can expect for our future version, we are working with RIM to get it.

BTW, I want to clarify my tone. I really really like what this app is offering and promising. I just want it to get to the point I feel comfortable using it as my background music player and main video player, and I am very likely to license it. I use my BlackBerry for music all day long at work.
    NO problem, we always welcome feedback and we take them in a contructive manner as it helps us improe the application. If you notice from our first version: we have added almost 47 new features as requested and suggested by our users.

We believe that "When a user takes time to provide feedback on an application, it is an indication that they like it and want to make it even better" - so thanks for yuor interest with our products. And do post more feedback and kind of features you like to see in future versions, we would be plesed to add them for you, if you are very much interested, please do shoot us an e-mail at http://www.dollars5.com/plete/contact-us/ that we can provide pre-access to our future versions too for more feedback.

Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Thx, works great. So for personal use, u get the multi-player and the media player for $19?
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Lowrider
    Thx, works great. So for personal use, u get the multi-player and the media player for $19?
    Thanks for your interest and glad you liked it.

mediaPlayer stand-alone costs USD 19.99
    If you purchase multiPlay Professionsl for USD 27.49 you get multiPlay Pro + mediaPlayer + vNotes + txtNotes (4 applications suit)

Hope this clarifys, should you have any queries, feel free to get back to us. You can purchase diretly from our site using the 'Buy Now' link:
    media Player: http://www.dollars5.com/plete/blackb...ry-pearl-8100/
    multiPlay: http://www.dollars5.com/plete/blackb...ry-pearl-8100/

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

This is a far improvement over the built in blackberry media player although there has to be some changes before i become a buyer. First off it would be nice for my screen not to turn off while watching a video (pointless to keep rolling the trackball so it stays on) if it does goes off and you hit a key to turn it back on the screen gets distorted and the bb restarts, second take off the default maximum volume setting on the radio (it takes a good 20 seconds before i have the ability to move the volume slider) its busy processing/buffering and waaaayyyy tooo loud. Maybe add ability to flip the video seeing as though most videos now are wider than high which is how the bb screen is. I'm sure there is other things that need to be ironed out...too many issues in the 30 mins i was using it so i stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by VeryBerry
    This is a far improvement over the built in blackberry media player although there has to be some changes before i become a buyer. First off it would be nice for my screen not to turn off while watching a video (pointless to keep rolling the trackball so it stays on) if it does goes off and you hit a key to turn it back on the screen gets distorted and the bb restarts, second take off the default maximum volume setting on the radio (it takes a good 20 seconds before i have the ability to move the volume slider) its busy processing/buffering and waaaayyyy tooo loud. Maybe add ability to flip the video seeing as though most videos now are wider than high which is how the bb screen is. I'm sure there is other things that need to be ironed out...too many issues in the 30 mins i was using it so i stopped.
    The screen turning off during video playback was already fixed - I will forward this issue to the developers for feedback, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Regarding the initial volume - we pick volume value from the main player volume - so if you have it low there we use that while starting the radio.

Hope you will try again, and thanks for bringing all issues to our attention, they sure will get sorted sooner. And will let you know when a patch is available. Thanks again.

VeryBerry no está en línea Stack level 3

The screen turning off during video playback was already fixed - I will forward this issue to the developers for feedback, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Regarding the initial volume - we pick volume value from the main player volume - so if you have it low there we use that while starting the radio.

Hope you will try again, and thanks for bringing all issues to our attention, they sure will get sorted sooner. And will let you know when a patch is available. Thanks again.
    I'm not sure what version I have but I still have the volume issue...when i first start the mediaPlayer I turn the volume all the way down...then I hit the menu key and select radio, in radio before I select a station I turn the volume down to about 10% there also, then as soon as I select a station and plays boom goes full blast.

btw..I will try newer versions...I still consider it better than the bb media player.

Klotar no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207BADEB

I think what he meant (or perhaps not but then I'll say it hehe) is that when first starting a movie, the volume is at 100. I just about jumped out of my seat (glad I wasn't wearing headphones) before I could reduce the volume.

A suggestion, if I might, would be to allow fullscreen view even in the trial version. For the brief period that I was running the trial version, when I selected yes to the full screen option, I got an error type message (sorry, I can't remember the wording), then a blank white screen. If I then said no to the full screen option, I got to watch the movie in a smaller window. A person evaluating the trial would have no idea what the full screen display would look like. If it's a concern that full screen view would "give too much away" and not entice the user to pay for the pro version or registered version, you could still have a banner go across the screen perhaps. ("Evaluation Version", etc.).

Now it doesn't matter to me one way or another, since I am running the pro version now. But when I did decide to buy the product, at that point I did not know what to expect from the full screen. I made a leap of faith. The full screen view is GREAT (except possibly that I lose the controls as mentioned by the posters above) and this is what makes it (IMO) better than RIM's native player, as I can see more screen real estate than I could with the native player. But the people that are evaluating your player before purchasing it might not know this, and decide against upgrading basing their decision on the smaller window view. Just a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by VeryBerry
    I'm not sure what version I have but I still have the volume issue...when i first start the mediaPlayer I turn the volume all the way down...then I hit the menu key and select radio, in radio before I select a station I turn the volume down to about 10% there also, then as soon as I select a station and plays boom goes full blast.

btw..I will try newer versions...I still consider it better than the bb media player.
    I just got the confirmation from our QA team - there seems to ba a bug with the volume settings, Originally it was intended to pick the main player volume, but how it works now is that it takes the volume level that we store at application launch, ie - if you had chanegd the volume after starting - that is not getting reflected on the Radio.

A quick simple fix before our team delivers an upgraded version is to exit once before you chose radio - this will make the changed volume persistant and used in Radio. But be assured that our team will deliver a patch sooner.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Klotar
    I think what he meant (or perhaps not but then I'll say it hehe) is that when first starting a movie, the volume is at 100. I just about jumped out of my seat (glad I wasn't wearing headphones) before I could reduce the volume.

A suggestion, if I might, would be to allow fullscreen view even in the trial version. For the brief period that I was running the trial version, when I selected yes to the full screen option, I got an error type message (sorry, I can't remember the wording), then a blank white screen. If I then said no to the full screen option, I got to watch the movie in a smaller window. A person evaluating the trial would have no idea what the full screen display would look like. If it's a concern that full screen view would "give too much away" and not entice the user to pay for the pro version or registered version, you could still have a banner go across the screen perhaps. ("Evaluation Version", etc.).

Now it doesn't matter to me one way or another, since I am running the pro version now. But when I did decide to buy the product, at that point I did not know what to expect from the full screen. I made a leap of faith. The full screen view is GREAT (except possibly that I lose the controls as mentioned by the posters above) and this is what makes it (IMO) better than RIM's native player, as I can see more screen real estate than I could with the native player. But the people that are evaluating your player before purchasing it might not know this, and decide against upgrading basing their decision on the smaller window view. Just a suggestion.
    Thanks for your interest with our products.

Kindly be informed that mediaPlayer v1.5 does not have any trial restriction on video playback during the 1 week trial period - it is an unlimited/full featured trial for 1 week. I think you are using multiPlay v1.1 which comes as personal and professional editions. Sure we will consider your suggestions on the multiPlay personal edition. Btw: the message you mentioned is that it asks the user to continue in normal mode or to play the sample blackberry video in full screen mode.

Our developers are at the "losing controls" issue - sooner there might be a solution avaialble to please everyone. Thanks again for your suggestions and sure we will try to accomodate them in future versions.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast