Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Our users have asked us for support for Streaming media directly from internet, Radio, ID3 ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

dollars5 no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs up New Improved mediaPlayer v1.5: with Internet Radio and tons of enhancements

Advertisement

Our users have asked us for support for Streaming media directly from internet, Radio, ID3 tags support, quick find in playlist for easy navigation, Advanced speaker modes - hey guys, we have tried to accomodate all your requests in this version. Hope you will enjoy:

The links to the downloads:
    OTA install: http://www.dollars5.com/OTA/mediaPlayer.jad

(If you have problems with above OTA, please try the following:
    Visit: http://www.dollars5.com/get
    select to install mediaPlayer - continue with download - this should work. Let me know if any problem persists or try the below Desktop manager installation)

Files for desktop manager install:
    ZIP: http://www.dollars5.com/downloads/bl...ediaPlayer.zip
    COD: http://www.dollars5.com/downloads/bl...ediaPlayer.cod
    ALX: http://www.dollars5.com/downloads/bl...ediaPlayer.alx

The following improvements are done:

1] Radio streaming - fully Blackberry friendly, with background playback. Can also play media located on web (example mp3 shared over http - no delay - plays instantly) - default two sample stations are added (a) Nation Radio - a streaming internet radio station, (b) Dollars5 sample audio - mp3 located on server streamed instantly unlike Blackberry player which downloads and plays.
    2] ID3 tags in playlists
    3] Crossfade between songs (beta implementation)
    4] Quick find for searching in the playlist
    5] Keyboard navigation in playlist (8800 and 8300 only - requires QWERTY keyboard)
    6] Advanced speaker modes (requires 4.2.1 OS) - stream audio to phone speaker, handsfree speaker, headset, both (headset and handsfree) and bluetooth headset (no A2DP support in Blackberries atp)
    7] UI enhancements for better selection
    8] Optimizations for improved performance in background mode and while playing songs
    9] Improved shuffle logic for media player
    10] Better search logic for files search and UI indications
    11] Minor bug fixes.

To test more Internet radio stations, we have compiled a list with contributions from our beta testers at Internet Radio stations for mediaPlayer/Radio If you get many stations to work - please help us build the list.

You can also try streaming podcasts - for example you can Stream the TwiT podcast from

http://aolradio.podcast.aol.com/twit/TWiT0102H.mp3

With your valuable feedback - we can get more improvements.

Screen shots for Radio:

To configure the APN setting to use this application please refer these threads:
    http://www.pinstack.com/carrier_settings_apn_gateway.html
    Last edited by dollars5; 06-29-2007 at 10:23 AM.

tj2311111 Guest

Re: New Improved mediaPlayer v1.5: with Internet Radio and tons of enhancements

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Okay the links you provided are for a trial version correct? If so how much is for the full product. Seems like a very nice product. Definetly Better than the BB media player, thanks for this software.

Yap, this is the trial version for 1 week. mediaPlayer stand-alone version cost you USD 19.99 and available for purchase from our site here

If you chose to purchase multiPlay Professional suit for USD 27.49 - you get four applications via un-restricted multiPlay v1.1, mediaPlayer v1.5, vNotes v1.0 and txtNotes v1.0. It is available for purchase from our site here

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

I downloaded OTA, went to run the program and I get Error starting mediaPlayer: Module 'mediaPlayer-3' not found. I've downloaded twice now. I'll try the DM install.

*Edit DM install works
    Last edited by DCookSta; 06-28-2007 at 12:29 PM.

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

wasnt interested before but now im going to have to try out the trail version.

j llama no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME

This is a really great program.

I'm gonna have to try the Podcast streaming out.

Thanks.
    You guys rock
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

We just added support to stream mp3 podcasts - this should be handy to people who listen to podcasta a lot but a spicy on downloading the whole stuff (but you should be missing the fast forward feature as it is streamed)

Test podcasts and if you could get any work -pls do add in here I will update on our site for the detailed list of all working podcasts, also if you have problem with some podcasts streaming - do let us know we can help.

JustinHerrera no está en línea Stack level 3

It's a real nice program but I keep getting connection closed. It was working earlier but not anymore. Any help?

EDIT:Never mind, I did a battery pull and it worked.
    Last edited by JustinHerrera; 06-28-2007 at 04:32 PM.

Flashman no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~please post when the OTA link is fixed.

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask

so we can stream internet radio? like our local radio stations?

Flyer no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Download the JAD file. Installed fine. After creating a new palylist tried a few Mp3. After playing three files my Pearl restarted. DUMPED the app.

I'l give this a miss thanks

Crackberry503 no está en línea Stack level 1

what are the requirments to have this cause when i tried downloading it it stopd i the middle.

tboooe no está en línea Stack level 3

Hi, I am very itnerested in this product. Does it use the side volume controls of the 8300? If not, when do you expect to implement it?

Thumbs up Re: New Improved mediaPlayer v1.5: with Internet Radio and tons of enhancements

Quote Originally Posted by tboooe
    Hi, I am very itnerested in this product. Does it use the side volume controls of the 8300? If not, when do you expect to implement it?
    The next version will have side volume keys control.

Btw: the OTA is working fine - incase you havfe problems with OTA - feel free to try the Desktop manager install using the ZIP archive.

Flashman no está en línea Stack level 3

This program is so close, but still so far:

• Curve Volume keys still not supported.
    • When you select to keep video controls on screen and play video fulls screen, video controls are nowhere to be found.
    • No way to lower/raise volume when in background (see first bullet, built-in media player uses them)
    • Streaming page has no pause, play, volume controls
    • etc...
    Let me know when 2.0 is out.

Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast