Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 141516171819

Regarding Post 267 by SHAPE Its not an error with an option. It just says ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A

Advertisement

Regarding Post 267 by SHAPE

Its not an error with an option.

It just says "The application VoiceRecorderPlus has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy"

All I can do is ok it and then the app says denied afterwards when trying to record.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

SHAPE no está en línea Developer
    pda.teck,

Thank you for clarifying the issue. Would it be possible if you give us a link or send us one of these 163Mb files? The email is support@shapeservices.com. We will try to reproduce the situation.

P.S. Please send me a PM with your email address and confirmation that you have sent the file or the link to support@shapeservices.com

Thank you in advance.
    Irene
    Last edited by SHAPE; 04-09-2008 at 05:58 AM.
    Victoria
    Head of QA & Customer Care
    SHAPE Services

Quote Originally Posted by lucky13mt View Post
    Regarding Post 267 by SHAPE

Its not an error with an option.

It just says "The application VoiceRecorderPlus has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy"

All I can do is ok it and then the app says denied afterwards when trying to record.
    Mauricio, please go to Options-> Security Options-> Firewall, press Menu button and select Edit default permissions and change all values to Allow.

If the message still remains, be so kind as to ask your Network Administrator to allow outgoing connection (open port 80).

Regards,
    Irene
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAPE View Post
    Mauricio, please go to Options-> Security Options-> Firewall, press Menu button and select Edit default permissions and change all values to Allow.

If the message still remains, be so kind as to ask your Network Administrator to allow outgoing connection (open port 80).

Regards,
    Irene
    I set everything to "Allow" for VR+ (which i hope is safe to do) and the error still pops up.

If by "Network Administrator" you are referring to BES...i do not have BES

Yes, Network Administrator is only for BES.

Mauricio, please press Menu and select "Send log to support". I will check. Thank you.
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

PIN/ID
    N/A
    Yes, Network Administrator is only for BES.

Mauricio, please press Menu and select "Send log to support". I will check. Thank you.
    just sent it...put my userid in description...let me know if it came through...thanks

dekay no está en línea Stack level 2
    Does anyone know how I can fast forward?
    I've had the application for a while, and have always been curious about how to do it.

Sorry dekay,

These functions are not available in xPlayer for now. We are looking forward to add them.

Irene
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

iimac13 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hey Shape,

I have a couple of comments:

1)I have a BB Curve 8300 with xPlayer 1.0.1 and for some reason it's not able to reproduce the video portion of an MP4 file; I can only hear the audio. The .MP4 file is in the Youtube original stream format, hence I don't know if this has something different than the MP4 format you guys advertise it supports.

2)Also, version 1.0.1 STILL has "dublicate" instead of "duplicate" in settings menu.

3)Also, I would suggest an 'auto-refresh' playlist feature in case files/folders have been added/deleted externally.

Regards,
    iimac13

Hello iimac13,

1) The video are to be converted for the correct playback in xPlayer. You can use any converter, for example Blackberry Video Converter.

2) I remember about this misprint. Although it would be possible to correct only with the next update.

3) ok, thank. We will think about this feature.

Thanks and regards,
    Irene
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

PwDiamond no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249df67d

Question

Sorry dekay,

These functions are not available in xPlayer for now. We are looking forward to add them.

Irene
    Apologies if this has already been adressed, but I did some digging and don't think I'm stepping on another post/question...

I downloaded xPlayer within a week of getting my new Curve and SD card... I was excited at the prospect of getting to use my BB as a replacement for my iPod... I was pretty skeptical that it wouldn't really be up to par, but show me a gadget and I'll try it.

I had an 8800 prior to the curve, so I was familiar with the built-in media player, but had only used it for ringtones, listening to voicemail attachments from our asterisk server, etc... Now it was a totally different tool though, as I was using it to play music.

I had downloaded xPlayer but thought it was too difficult to use (mainly just because I just didn't take the time to really play with it) I was surprised at the sound and simplicity of BB's media player, and thought it was great, dismissing xPlayer as just another 3rd party wannabe... until I added more than one 'album' to my SD card... Then it became a mess, and horribly complex to get songs lined up properly, couldn't create playlists, etc... I had classical music playing one song then house music the next... Even after sorting the folders in mass mode it was terrible and a pain.

So I gave xPlayer another shot, and I fell in love with it... It's such a powerful app once you get the hang of it... I completely stopped using the BB media player altogether, sold my iPod, and was like a kid on the playground showing all of my friends and co-workers how cool it was that I could walk around with or without headphones listening to my music... I even installed a speaker system basically hidden under the sideboards of the sleigh bed in my master bedroom.

Anyway, suffice to say I was enamored with my Curve and xPlayer... Until last week... I've been forced into using the clunky BB Media Player most of the time again now because I bought the Motorola Rokr S9 BT headset... which is ridiculously awesome when added to the mix, but xPlayer doesn't seem to be compatible with the command inputs the S9 sends... I can play the music using xPlayer and listen to it on my S9 with perfect clarity, the only problem is I can't control it.

The volume controls work, and I can initiate or accept a call, but upon ending the call, I have to manually go back into xPlayer and start the song back up.

The reason I'm using BB media player again now most of the time is because it allows me to do everything with the controls on the headset, even when locked. I did have to change the long term time out settings on the bes for my policy though to keep it from seizing up every 30 mins.

I've tried everything including setting ALL permissions, including keystroke injection, etc. to "allow", uninstalling, wiping, reloading with default app permissions to allow in all categories, but still no dice.

I'm stuck between the two apps, xPlayer is definitely much more powerful and easy to use, but when I'm at the gym or running (also I'll just add this in case someone's looking for the answer in the threads like I was before I bought my S9 - the S9 sports band DOES fit the curve), or even walking around my office, it renders xPlayer a bit useless in those situations, since you can't change tracks at all or have music start again after a call. One thing that's a plus on the bb media player is that the volume keys on the device itself are always live when you're using the player. Dunno if you guys have that in future plans or not...

Is there a solution or workaround that anyone knows of? Or another third-party app that might interact with the S9?

Any suggestions are appreciated. And great job on the app, guys... I can't wait to see future versions... Sign me up for the beta

Dear PwDiamond,

Thank you for your detailed report. For now we don't have any workaround, but I will forward your issues to our developers. May be they will be able to find a solution.

Thanks and regards,
    Irene
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

PIN/ID
    249df67d
    Great - I'll look forward to it... I'd have no problem with a non-free app that worked better than the built in Media Player. But I'm playing with the 4.5 OS now waiting for it to install so maybe it's better...

jenish no está en línea Stack level 1
    hi nice plater

PIN/ID
    249df67d
    Dear PwDiamond,

Thank you for your detailed report. For now we don't have any workaround, but I will forward your issues to our developers. May be they will be able to find a solution.

Thanks and regards,
    Irene
    I just installed OS 4.5 and it looks like they've added enhanced playlist capabilities to the built in media player... but don't know how robust it really is, haven't had the time to play with it...

I'm going to post a walk-through in the BES forums either tonight or tomorrow, I'll let you know what RIM's cookin' up on the new one; you've probably already seen it though I'm sure...

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 141516171819