Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819 LastLast

Dear users, I'm happy to announce that xPlayer was updated to 1.0.1! We have fixed ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

SHAPE no está en línea Developer

Advertisement

Dear users,

I'm happy to announce that xPlayer was updated to 1.0.1!
    We have fixed the issue with backlight turning off and some other small ones.

Feel free to post your feedbacks.

You can download the latest version 1.0.1 at http://www.shapeservices.com/en/prod...er&platform=bb

Listen to music and watch video on the go!
    Victoria
    Head of QA & Customer Care
    SHAPE Services

DomConway no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hey Shape

Thanks for the notice. The most useful feature you could include for me would be the ability to seek within movies, ie fast forward/rewind, so I hope this is something that could be worked into a future release.

DomConway, yes, we are considering adding thin in the future.
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

Jowlsey no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm also looking for a player with FF and RW. I listen to podcasts that are up to an hour long. With podcasts that long, the FF and RW on my 8320 is 5 minutes or so. That doesn't work for me if I just need to go back 10 seconds or so to listen to a something that wasn't clear on the first pass or want to jump ahead 30 seconds to skip the intro.

kash22 no está en línea Stack level 1

How do you use the audio output settings

How do I use the audio output settings to send audio to my handsfree/bluetooth car speakers?
    Kash
    Blackberry 8310 Titanium

Quote Originally Posted by kash22 View Post
    How do I use the audio output settings to send audio to my handsfree/bluetooth car speakers?
    Hello,

Please go to xPlayer -> Settings -> Audio Path and select one of listed below:
    • Headphones,
    • Headset
    • Bluetooth
    • Hands free
    • Headset+Hands free
    Regards,
    Irene
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

kash22 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had tried the setting as both oytput to handsfree and output to bluetooth. Neither played audio through my car speakers. Is it only good for a specific service? Do I need to set pernmissions anywhere?

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    I have a question about File size, it fails on full movies, I have them converted down as 163 MB it plays in the BB Media player, Well it doesn on a Curve anyway. If wont play in the BB Media player on my 8800, but on the curve it works fine. I have a 4 gig card in the Curve running v4.2.2.180
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Quote Originally Posted by kash22 View Post
    I had tried the setting as both oytput to handsfree and output to bluetooth. Neither played audio through my car speakers. Is it only good for a specific service? Do I need to set pernmissions anywhere?
    Hello, there might be a problem that xPlayer doesn't support car speakers. We haven't tested actually. Could you please denote what model of car speaker you use.
    Thank you and sorry for disadvantages.

Best regards,
    Irene
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

Quote Originally Posted by pda.teck View Post
    I have a question about File size, it fails on full movies, I have them converted down as 163 MB it plays in the BB Media player, Well it doesn on a Curve anyway. If wont play in the BB Media player on my 8800, but on the curve it works fine. I have a 4 gig card in the Curve running v4.2.2.180
    Hello,

Please denote what software you used for converting the video. We would recommend you to use BlackBerry converter for the correct playback on xPlayer.

Hope to hear from you soon.
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Shape,

2 things.

1- You haven't replied to the PM I sent over a week ago (by your request).

2- Is there a firewall workaround for the VR+ application?

To everyone else...is there a way to remove IT policy that causes VR+ not to work and say "This application has attempted to access a location inside and outside the firewall that is not permitted by your IT policy"...?
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

Hello,

lucky13mt, I have already replied to your message, sorry for the delay.

To reduce the firewall issue you would need to edit security permissions on your Blackberry.

1. Open Options/Security/Application Permissions
    2. Select VR+
    3. Select Edit Permissions from the menu
    4. Configure the Security Permissions to "Allow" for all categories.
    5. Save the changes

Then please try to launch VR+ once more.
    In VR+ please go to Settings / Connection. Press the
    "Start Autoconfig" button. You will be notified that the application
    should be restarted. Press "OK". Then re-open VR+ and
    press "Start". Autoconfigurator will find a proper connection type.
    If autoconfiguration is unsuccessful, please inform me about it.

If the problem persists, in VR+ please go to Account Setup and disable SSL.
    Then try to connect once more.
    If it doesn't help, please send us your new log selecting
    Support / Send request.

Then please go to Options-> Security Options-> Firewall, press Menu button and select Edit default permissions and change all values to Allow.
    If it doesn't help, please, ask your network administrator to allow outgoing connection (open port 80).

The IT policy is a usual thing with connection to any server. When it asks you to allow the connection, please say "yes" and you won't be asked again.

All the best,
    Irene
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAPE View Post
    Hello,

Please denote what software you used for converting the video. We would recommend you to use BlackBerry converter for the correct playback on xPlayer.

Hope to hear from you soon.

I use a couple differant programs and up to one hour tv shows play just fine. Its when it comes to movies, is where it stops opening them, and yet the BB Media player opens them fine, My main problem with this is the Media player on the 8800 will not do fullscreen which is one of the resons I like your Player. But I also get the same issue on My Curve 8320, the BB media play there does open fullscreen, but again Xplayer will not open the same file, they are 163 MB.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Dear pda.teck,

If the BB Media player and xPlayer don't play the file at all, the problem lies in the file, it might be converted incorrectly or be damaged.
    If you have different results on different devices, the other reason might be the operating system of the device. Please check if you are running the latest OS and if it works correctly.

In case the file is played OK on both your devices with BB Media player, and it is not played with the xPlayer, then the problem is within the xPlayer, but as far as I understand it is not.

Have a good day,
    Irene
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAPE View Post
    Dear pda.teck,

If the BB Media player and xPlayer don't play the file at all, the problem lies in the file, it might be converted incorrectly or be damaged.
    If you have different results on different devices, the other reason might be the operating system of the device. Please check if you are running the latest OS and if it works correctly.

In case the file is played OK on both your devices with BB Media player, and it is not played with the xPlayer, then the problem is within the xPlayer, but as far as I understand it is not.

Have a good day,
    Irene
    THe BB Media Player reads it fine. I am always running the latest OS, even cross carrier. So yes the problem is the xplayer is not liking files of 163 MBs, it plays files that are 73 MB with out a problem.

Please re-read my previous post. the only issue I have with the BB Media player is that on the 8800 there is NO FULL screen option.
    Last edited by pda.teck; 04-08-2008 at 11:01 AM.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")