Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819 LastLast

Originally Posted by twistedfreak Looking forward to the fast forward/ rewind feature, any news?? That ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

dengland no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: New: FREE media player - need BETA testers!!!

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by twistedfreak View Post
    Looking forward to the fast forward/ rewind feature, any news??
    That would be great to have. Right now, if I have to stop a video file for some reason, I have to use the BB's media player to continue since it allows me to move to a specific location in the file and resume playing.

SHAPE no está en línea Developer

twistedfreak, we are still looking to develop this in future.
    Victoria
    Head of QA & Customer Care
    SHAPE Services

JimmyPrague no está en línea Stack level 1

sure, the fast forward/rewind feature will be much appreciated. Any expected roadmap timeframe?

another think is that my BB 8800 goes "to sleep" (blakc screen) after 2 minutes, which is quite annoying for video playback. Any idea if there's a way to work this around?

dengland, the trackball is used for Pause or Play, so when you Pause a video, you can resume it by pushing the trackball in xPlayer. You can check Help Menu in xPlayer for more information.
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyPrague View Post
    sure, the fast forward/rewind feature will be much appreciated. Any expected roadmap timeframe?

another think is that my BB 8800 goes "to sleep" (blakc screen) after 2 minutes, which is quite annoying for video playback. Any idea if there's a way to work this around?
    Thanks for noticing, this both issues require some time to be developed. Sorry, no timeframe available yet.

In case your BB goes "to sleep" during the playback, you can at least scroll the trackball to highlight it again.

BR,
    Irene
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

tj2311111 Guest

I have the same backlight problem. It becomes really frustrating when watching a long video.

The problem I found is that when I'm playing a video and the backlight turns off and I return to the screen (touching the trackball and etc)...the xPlayer gets all messed up and has a green/blue color to it. Looks like the program malfunctioned or something.

This is the only problem but it is a big one.

Quote Originally Posted by teamjordan23 View Post
    I have the same backlight problem. It becomes really frustrating when watching a long video.

The problem I found is that when I'm playing a video and the backlight turns off and I return to the screen (touching the trackball and etc)...the xPlayer gets all messed up and has a green/blue color to it. Looks like the program malfunctioned or something.

This is the only problem but it is a big one.
    Volume buttons on the side of the BB will wake the screen up without messing up the video. Other tricks I do are to just fiddle with the trackball (not clicking) while the video is playing to prevent the screen saver from engaging.

Also, if you have strong security "policies" push by your IT department, you may need to "blindly" type in your password if the program seems to be ignoring your keypresses. See http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...0-post228.html
    Last edited by dengland; 01-29-2008 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Adding link to old post.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAPE View Post
    dengland, the trackball is used for Pause or Play, so when you Pause a video, you can resume it by pushing the trackball in xPlayer. You can check Help Menu in xPlayer for more information.
    Thanks for the response. I was referring more about when I have to switch away from the application to check an email. I cannot say for sure if I paused it 1st. I will give it a try.

dengland, ok. Let us know about the results. Thanks.
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

FF2
    FF2 no está en línea Stack level 2

A couple of questions?

What are the icons in the lower left besides the "sliding volume" icon? And can they be accessed or are they just informational?

Can PLAYLISTS be stored on the SD card? Can they be created on a computer (easier typing) and copied to the BB? Where are they located?

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    A couple of questions?

What are the icons in the lower left besides the "sliding volume" icon? And can they be accessed or are they just informational?
    That's shuffle and repeat. You can enter the Menu and see how they can be accessed.

Quote Originally Posted by FF2 View Post
    Can PLAYLISTS be stored on the SD card? Can they be created on a computer (easier typing) and copied to the BB? Where are they located?
    Playlists are stored in device memory only.
    For now you cannot create playlists on your PC and then copy them to your BB, still we are considering to provide this possibility in future.
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313

Everything works fine on my 8830 except I have to turn my bluetooth headset on AFTER I start playing a playlist. Touching any button on the BB after that moves the music back to the BB and off my headset (MotoROKR s9).

Get the bluetooth compatibility right and I would pay a few bucks for this player.

Sirthinks, we haven't tested xPlayer with Bluetooth headsets. I will report the issues you've mentioned to our developers. I hope you will still enjoy xPlayer.
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services

Dan Camacho no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24171C1C

Question Re: New: FREE media player - need BETA testers!!!

Just a quick couple of questions. Is it possible to associate the available file types with the e-mail attachments? This way when I get a video e-mail attachment I can open it and or save it? I have a Curve 8300 with 4.2.2

Thanks
    Last edited by Dan Camacho; 02-28-2008 at 01:45 PM.
    TelCel - 8300 Curve

Dan Camacho, we will think about this opportunity. Can you please denote what email client you use?
    Victoria
    SHAPE Services