Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Hi, thanks for the app Alec eager to try it I will ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Nivek2 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: NEW FREE Blackberry App: iotum Talk-Now tech preview

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Hi, thanks for the app Alec eager to try it I will have feedback tomorrow. Once again thank you

almaft no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23d118f1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i just signed up and downloaded the app added some names sent a request to my friends and I will see how it is and leave feedback

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

I would love to try it out, thanks!

jzamoras no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204E9A8B

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I installed it but ie doesn't work. Does it connect through BIS?

Best regards,
    Jaime

jzamoras no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204E9A8B
    Hi, I installed it but it doesn't work. I have only BIS connection available.

Best Regards,
    Jaime

asaunders no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204FBDBE

Jaime, it does work through BIS. However, you must change one security setting first. This is quoted from our support forums:

If your BlackBerry device is not connected through a BLackBerry Entreprise Server - BES - You will need to go change settings in your handheld otherwise iotum Talk-Now will keep giving you an error message when you try to enter your username and password.
    Go in Options -> security options -> TLS
    In this menu you need to change TLS Default to Handheld instead of Proxy if it is not already. Save the change. You are good to go.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

I've been using this product for about 2 weeks now maybe? Not sure. But its been working pretty well so far. Will write more later, I'm mobile right now.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    204FBDBE

A quick update -- some people have mailed me privately to say that they are having trouble logging in with their username and password.

The username is your blackberry phone number. I apologize for not being clear.

The password is the password you specified on login.

A

Nivek2 no está en línea Stack level 2

Hi, Alec is there a way we can request a password verification to be sent to our phone? I am experiencing the same issue you mentioned previously with the username and password.

julien iotum no está en línea Stack level 1

hi,

hi,

My name is Julien Raynal and i am in charge of user relations for this technology preview. For the past 24 hours, we were unable to send the confirmation email providing credentials and setup instructions. I would like to thank you for your interest your feedback and your patience. The problem is now fixed and the original email will be sent to every user.

but in the mean-time here are some tips from the e-mail:

-----------------------------------------------
    !!!If you do not have a BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) you need to change your TLS settings: Options / security options / TLS
    / TLS Default. Change the TLS default to Handheld instead of Proxy

-> Good to know:
    1: To see another iotum Talk-Now subscriber's availability, their Blackberry number must be entered as their "mobile" number in your Address Book.
    2: Manage your Free/Busy state by clicking the traffic light in your list of applications.

-> Support: click "send feedback to iotum" in your Talk-Now application or e-mail us at blackberry-feedback@iotum.com
    Last edited by julien iotum; 01-18-2007 at 12:01 PM.

julien iotum no está en línea Stack level 1

It is working for most of the non BES user by changing manually a securoty setting (TLS). A fix is soon ready so this manipulation will not have to be done manually.

However, it seems that for some users like Jaime, it does not solve the problem. If it is the case for you contact us so we are aware of it to blackberry-feedback@iotum.com with the Blackberry model, OS and network provider.

I will keep you all updated in this thread as we make progress.

PIN/ID
    204FBDBE

Thumbs up Re: NEW FREE Blackberry App: iotum Talk-Now tech preview

Greetings again.

I wanted to update you all on our progress with Talk-Now. We've been working hard on fixing some of the issues mentioned in the comments on the original postings for Talk-Now. Since that time we joined the RIM ISV Alliance program, and have implemented something called BIS-B, which RIM tells us should fix the BIS problems many of you experienced.

AND, we have made a number of small, but important changes to the app. For instance, it's much more data efficient than it used to be.

You can sign-up for an account, and download talk-now by visiting www.iotum.com/blackberry. Also, check out the video I made demonstrating the product in action.

http://one.revver.com/watch/171939/flv/affiliate/67863

Cheers,

Alec.

torgerson no está en línea Stack level 2

seems like a great idea. I'd love if eventually this was standard for all phones. For now, i will download and see if I can't convince everyone I know to get a BB and use this
    -------------------------------------
    InfoSpace Find It!
    http://mobile.infospacefindit.com/

PIN/ID
    204FBDBE

Yes, Torgerson -- it would be much more useful if everyone I knew had the software already installed. Ultimately we hope to build relationships with carriers which will cause that to happen.

In the meantime, even if you know people who don't have it installed, add them to your list when you need to call them anyway. It has two benefits:

1) Talk-Now will ask if you want to invite them, and send them a piece of mail describing how they can download the software.
    2) If you reach voice mail, Talk-Now will offer to email information to them letting them know what you wanted to talk about, and informing them of times that you would likely be available to receive a call from them.

I recommend people take the top 10 people in their call logs (you can set an option on the call log, temporarily, to identify your most frequently called numbers), and invite them to start. And, if you're a BB Messenger user, invite those folks, plus anyone you have in your address book that you PIN message with.

Hope you enjoy it!

A

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12