Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi there, My name is Alec Saunders, and I'm the CEO of iotum, a startup ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

asaunders no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204FBDBE

Thumbs up NEW FREE Blackberry App: iotum Talk-Now tech preview

Advertisement

Hi there,

My name is Alec Saunders, and I'm the CEO of iotum, a startup building mobile presence applications for Blackberry. Today we released our technology preview of iotum Talk-Now, which is an application designed to let you know when the people you need to speak with are available. It's a crossover between a buddy list and a to do list. You simply add the people you need to speak with in any particular day to it and...

1. It lets you see, at a glance, who's available to talk.
    2. It lets you be notified when someone you need to speak with is available. You can literally add someone to your Talk-Now list, holster your berry, and have it automatically notify you when they become free.
    3. It also lets you share your availability with others, even people who aren't users of Talk-now, or Blackberries.

One of the really cool things about it is that it understands the relationships you have with the people in your life. So, for instance, your boss might see you as unavailable, but your spouse might see you as available... or maybe the other way around.

The application is free. Because it's a tech preview, there are still some rough edges to be sanded away. For instance, for now you need a data plan with 25M or more per month of data allowed. We will optimize that in the future. In any case, I think it's good enough that people can start using it. I'm hoping you folks will try it out, invite 10 or 12 of your Blackberry toting friends to try it too, and send us your feedback.

You can download, over the air. I'd post the URL, but because I am a newbie here, I don't have that privilege yet (doh!). You can send me email directly (alec@iotum.com) if you would like to try it out, or you can download it from the following site...

http://www.iotum.com/blackberry/

How to guide... http://www.iotum.com/talknowhowto.pdf

FAQ... http://www.iotum.com/bb_FAQ.html

The press release we put out today follows.

Best regards and many thanks in advance for giving this a shot.

Alec Saunders
    PIN: 204FBDBE

-----

Iotum Introduces Talk-Now Technology Preview

Combines Mobile Presence with Relevance on the Blackberry® for the First Time

OTTAWA, ONTARIO (Jan. 17, 2007) –iotum has introduced Talk-Now, a revolutionary New Presence application for the Blackberry® that combines the capabilities of a to-do list and a buddy list.

Talk-Now lets users share their availability with others, notifies users when people they need to speak with are available, and shows users the availability of their contacts to speak with them. Talk-Now promises to eliminate telephone tag, by allowing users to know when the people they need to speak with are available to take their calls.

Talk-Now is the first New Presence application to hit the market. Unlike traditional presence applications, which show the same availability to every subscriber, Talk-Now uses the intelligence of the award-winning Relevance Engine to show the subscribers actual willingness to speak with specific individuals, based on their relationship to the subscriber, and what the subscriber is currently doing.

“How many calls do we make that start with, ‘is this a good time?’” said Alec Saunders, iotum CEO. “How many of us reach voice mail instead of the person we want to speak with? With Talk-Now you’ll know, before you make the call, whether the party you’re calling can talk. It’s simply a better and more effective way to reach people.”

The Talk-Now application runs on the newest Blackberry’s – the 8700 series, the Pearl, and prior Blackberry’s running OS 4.1 or higher. BlackBerry users can get a free preview account by signing up at URL REMOVED. Installation is via over-the-air download.

About iotum|Simply Relevant™

Founded in 2003, privately held iotum is a Voice 2.0 company setting out to shape a world of relevant communications where devices and services work seamlessly together to let people communicate with who they want, when they want and on the device they want. Most recently they were awarded the Prestigious CATA Alliance Innovation Award for Emerging Technology Achievement – as the best emerging technology of the year in Canada; named a DEMOgod at DEMO2006 and named to Business 2.0’s Next Net 25.

####
    Last edited by cp6169; 01-17-2007 at 11:25 PM.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: NEW FREE Blackberry App: iotum Talk-Now tech preview

Im very interested in seeing how this app works.

Thank you very much.

MR. H no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    301a4489

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i went to the site put in all info required, and nothing happened, it said it would send a email to me but nothing has arrived

PIN/ID
    204FBDBE

you're very welcome. I put a vid up on YouTube which gives a taste of it. It's kind of home made, but you'll get the idea...

Again, I am newbie, but if you go to YouTube and search on "iotum talk-now" it should be the first result to show up.

A

LILKOOLZ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215A2AF1

Yes, same things with MR. H stated, there is nothing has arrived.

PIN/ID
    204FBDBE

Mr. H, it usually takes a few minutes.

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

Well that looks like a very interesting app and I might have to try it out.

P.S. I know your loving your pearl!!! Me too.

COJO 24

PIN/ID
    204FBDBE

OK folks -- I phoned and got one of our developers out of bed to check the status of the email system. He's gone to check on the email situation.

And yeah, COJO -- I am loving my Pearl. I have a pile of Nokia phones (I write a blog, and people keep sending them to me to review) but the Pearl beats them all.

A

casianoa Guest

I look forward to trying it out. In my line of work, this may prove invaluable. I will let you know. Thanks for the opp, Alec.

Felixtc no está en línea Stack level 3

After reading up on what this application is capable of I am impressed. I am not sure if I am the only person out there who has to play phone tag with some of my friends, family, and co-workers but this definitely answer from what I can tell so far. I will check out the video as well.

PIN/ID
    204FBDBE

Let me know how it goes, Casiona. And... you mentioned "in my line of work" -- what line of work is that?

A

PIN/ID
    204FBDBE

Thanks Felixtc! Let me know what you think.

PIN/ID
    204FBDBE

Smile UPDATE: EMAIL downloads

Hi folks,

I just spoke with the person I asked to check on our email server. You are right! It's broken. We moved the server today, and didn't get the SMTP link reconnected.

So... he can see all of your email requests backed up.

I am going to do two things:

1) Manually email everyone the welcome mail, and OTA directions.
    2) Post the welcome mail and OTA directions here for anyone who signs up after I go to bed.

We'll get it fixed first thing in the morning.

Thanks for your patience.

Alec.

PIN/ID
    204FBDBE

The link for the OTA is at iotum.com/downloads/blackberry/talk-now.jad

Sorry about the inconvenience!

A

CoolFinalFan no está en línea Stack level 4

Arrow Re: NEW FREE Blackberry App: iotum Talk-Now tech preview

I signed up and am waiting for an email!!
    Thanks!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast