I just downloaded the new Facebook 1.6.0.17 and quite frankly, it kind of sucks. When ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

JeffNNJ no está en línea Stack level 3

New Facebook App....

Advertisement

I just downloaded the new Facebook 1.6.0.17 and quite frankly, it kind of sucks. When you get a notification on your BlackBerry and open the app, you are, by default, sent to the status update page, not to the page where the notification you were sent appears. You then have to navigate to the notification icon, click on it and go from there. Also, it is extremely difficult to close out. Even when you hit the menu key and click close or simply keep hitting the back key and get out, it's still running in the background and, I assume, eating battery power in the process. After a few minutes it seems to quit but it's still kind of annoying. I am liking 1.5 waaaaaaaaaaay better. Need to find a link to downgrade.

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Jeff I hate to be the bearer of bad news but per RIM get rid of it now!!! It has corrupted calenders, BBM, and many aspects of your BB sometimes causing the neccessity of a security wipe just to get rid of it all and then reload the software in some cases. I have a similar issue with an app and the RIM rep told me this during our 2 hr call to fix my 8900 last night . . .

Hope this helps . . .

thbassman
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Thanks Bassman. Any idea where I can find a version of 1.5??

Instrumentality no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    22C7107B
    I guess I'm just unusually lucky then? I think 1.6 is a huge step in the right direction. I've had no problems with it except for the calendar integration, and those problems aren't any big deal. Just took a few service book deletes/resends to make sure the calendar I wanted was still my default to show up on the Today screen and synch with Google Calendar properly is all, and I'd often have to do that even without Facebook.

Also on OS re-installs, the Facebook one never restores correctly... at least not until after several days when everything is magically better. I'm guessing it just re-synchs after a while even though I seem unable to force the issue.

But that is REALLY small stuff as complaints go. Everything else about it has been great. Definitely going the right direction, but I think there are still a couple of things that make me want/need to open up FB in a web browser that they should take care of.

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffNNJ View Post
    Thanks Bassman. Any idea where I can find a version of 1.5??

As a general rule I keep those apps off my BB, sorry.

Hope this helps . . .

thb
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846
    I think that the default status update screen in 1.6 is the most annoying new feature as well.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

Also the "prompt before refreshing friends list" setting doesn't work so it's forever updating. Not easy.

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Jeff like I said I don't use them @ all

Thb

MintyMocha no está en línea Stack level 1
    Not only that, but it doesn't notify you of all the comments on a thread. You may comment on a person's status, and there could be another 3-4comments AFTER yours that just never make it to the app, so when one does come through, you may have missed half of the feed. I figured it would be an improvement, but it's not. You can't "like" from the app anymore either.
    ~*The world is a better place for mint and chocolate*~

lamoglinsgal no está en línea Stack level 3
    I found this . . . http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/her...-1-5-a-183206/

In 1.6 I couldn't even clear my status.