Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by E3BK ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ When I downloaded 1.5, it installed over the ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

penpower no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: GMAIL 1.5.1 Out now for Blackberry

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by E3BK View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    When I downloaded 1.5, it installed over the old app. I didn't need to delete the old app. the new version isn't loading for me. It just sits there forever and never loads. I did a batt pull, still nothing. How do I get old version back or fix this??
    Should you delete the new version on your bb now and reinstall the new one again? it might help your problem.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

When I downloaded 1.5, it installed over the old app. I didn't need to delete the old app. the new version isn't loading for me. It just sits there forever and never loads. I did a batt pull, still nothing. How do I get old version back or fix this??
    First time, mine sat for a couple of minutes before any mail showed. The inbox was there, but blank. Data was moving back and forth during this period.

I did uninstall 1.1.0 before loading this new version. I thought mine was broken as well.

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Re: New BlackBerry GMail App v1.5.1

I installed over the old version and restarted the BB; works fine; you may have to edit the permissions on the app if your having issues with it

rand0m no está en línea Stack level 3

I'm at this stage now too.. i did a uninstall first of the old app before also. new app when opened said "0kb..loading" on the top right corner forever until it said network was unavailable. might try to uninstall and reinstall again.. then battery pull =\

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Quote Originally Posted by enjoytheride View Post
    -Notification only vibrates, makes a sound, or flashes the led. I have yet to see a little envelope or anything of that sort when i receive new emails.

Hopefully they will fix this.
    My GMail icon is different when I get a message. There's a little envelope next to it, and there is a number of unread messages.

Last edited by DCookSta; 12-06-2007 at 04:40 PM. Reason: added a picture

bcbbanga4l no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24ac973e

gonna try this now

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    For all who really use this application, it's a big step forward for BB users since now you can have the app notify you if you get a new email. Just look under your profiles, and just check the box in settings and you're good to go.

Great upgrade for BB users!
    now that is cool

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Thx for all the info on the ways u guys/gals use it... doesn't sound obsolete at all in these cases...

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Thanks Mori!

wifi4milez no está en línea Stack level 3

So I updated any everything is fine now, except I want to be able to see the notification of new mail. In settings, it tells me to enable this I need to "edit your Blackberry Profile to customize notification". How do I do this? I cant seem to find a Blackberry Profile anywhere.

EDIT: Ok so I found the profile information, and Gmail was already configured with a vibrate and a tone. I sent a test email 5 minutes ago and I still havent received notification even though I set Gmail to do so. How often does it check for new messages?
    Last edited by wifi4milez; 12-06-2007 at 05:47 PM.

resqguy no está en línea Stack level 2

This rocks. I also would like to know how often it polls the server.

wifi4milez no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by resqguy View Post
    This rocks. I also would like to know how often it polls the server.
    Mine seems to work now. I cant tell how often it polls the server though. One word of caution, make sure you disable the LED alert! If you dont it will blink red for at least 10 minutes after you check the message. I just turned it off and it works fine now.

rand0m no está en línea Stack level 3

^ haha, i definitely had the LED alert going forever and couldn't get it to go away.. so i did a battery pull.

oh and my gmail app works now. I definitely like the new notification feature!

iron07 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1

does this do something different than setting up your hot mail through outlook i have two pop3 accounts through outlook and one through hotmail and I set them up to all just come into my pearl . what does the gmail do different. sorry if i sound like a retard but just woundering.

nateshiner no está en línea Stack level 2

Based on some of the comments above, it's probably important to note that gMail app is for @gmail.com addresses, and Mail by Google is for google hosted domains. However, both are upgraded to 1.5.1

The big changes I noticed were the above mentioned in addition to other setting improvements, contacts, trash and spam availability

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast