Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

I'm missing one thing in podcast subscriptions. Is there a way to update a podcast ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Advertisement

I'm missing one thing in podcast subscriptions. Is there a way to update a podcast (the subscription) so that you can pick up the latest podcast. I have to go back and add the podcast address again to get the latest feeds and I haven't found a way around it - I don't use it every day but I think I've had to do it with all subscriptions.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

stranjal7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    #ASK#
    Can you help me out, i cant seem to get this feed to load anything ( http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?feed=rss2 ) do you see anything that im doing wrong hear? Or does anyone have anything that would help me find rss feed addresses?

It didn't load for me either. I got a "unable to subcribe to feed..." message. I'm guessing it's not valid. When you add a valid feed it loads right away. Check the address and try again.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

PIN/ID
    #ASK#
    http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=37868 . When i attempt this addresse, i get this error.... Unable to subscibe to feed:expected: START_TAG{null}rss (position:START_TAG<html xmlns='http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml'>@2:44 in com.cwr.core.util.StringReader@87e25135) Anyone knows what this means??? Thanks jblackfish !!!

Stan, That's not a podcast. It's a ringtone web site. If you want to go to the site from your phone, go to your browser, press menu and scroll to and select "go to" and key the address in there.

cwrchris no está en línea Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    I'm missing one thing in podcast subscriptions. Is there a way to update a podcast (the subscription) so that you can pick up the latest podcast. I have to go back and add the podcast address again to get the latest feeds and I haven't found a way around it - I don't use it every day but I think I've had to do it with all subscriptions.
    Have you tried, on the subscriptions screen, highlighting the sub, pressing the menu key, and choosing "Refresh Feed" ?

Quote Originally Posted by cwrchris View Post
    Have you tried, on the subscriptions screen, highlighting the sub, pressing the menu key, and choosing "Refresh Feed" ?
    Now I feel stupid and embarrassed! You put it right at the top of the menu where I completely overlooked it. Thx Chris!

No problem That probably means it's too hard to find!

No problem That probably means it's too hard to find!
    It's not hard to find - I'm a knucklehead in too much of a hurry. I wouldn't worry about it.

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    I completely missed that too. Now its much easier to update the feed

PIN/ID
    #ASK#
    OK, heres my situation, there is a feed that i get through Viigo that has music updates in it. Now when Viigo came out with the Podcast thing that they tested out in one of there previous beta releases , it pulled the music from the feed and it worked wonderfully even though it wasnt an official "PODCAST". Well after Viigo took the feature out of its following betas to work on the feature i tried out Podcatcher and was able to do the same thing using the feed address copied and pasted from Viigo. Now, ive tried this with this Podcast app and cant seem to get this to work. I do remember having to try a few different addresses to find the right one but i think ive tried them all. Are there certain things that a podcast address should contain that i should look for ?? Any help would be appreciated.

I don't have an answer for you stran. I've had problems with the Podcasts pgm but, recently, they have all been my fault. Not getting a podcast feed to add to this program has always been because of an invalid address. You might try to find the address using a different method than getting it from Viigo if you haven't. Try using Google with the name of the site + the word "podcast" or something like that.

What are you trying specifically and what results/errors are you getting?

Stan could you point me to the podcast you are trying this with and send me the exact URL you are using?

PIN/ID
    #ASK#

Thumbs up

Stan could you point me to the podcast you are trying this with and send me the exact URL you are using?
    Sure, first one is http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?feed=rss2 but this one loads into my selections but there are no feeds present within. A second one is an actual feed which contains audio http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=38175 which gives me the error , Unable to subscribe to feed: expected: START_TAG{null}rss (position:START_TAG<html xmins='http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml'>@2:44incom.cwr.core.util.StringReader@9908c bfa) , error. And with this one the "?p=38175" numbers change with a different installment. OK, it is a music magazine site (xxlmag.com) and within that site there is a section called (bangers). In this section there are songs that are either unreleased or underground and is updated everyday with new music. And im trying to get it to update and follow the (Bangers) section. It worked on others so i know that it is possible. Oh, and by the way, is this able to do video podcasting ???? Thanks for your help guys !!!!!

Thanks for the details... I will look into it. The first link (http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?feed=rss2) looks like it should work.. although you're right, it's not really a 'podcast' feed. I've never seen this before, it's a regular RSS with some added embedded media. I will try to add support for it.

As for video, the app doesn't pay attention to the media type so it should work. I've never tested it, so any reports on how it behaves would be much appreciated.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast