Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819 LastLast

Originally Posted by cwrchris Updated This one contains the a set of fixes i wanted ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by cwrchris View Post
    Updated This one contains the a set of fixes i wanted to make before release. I'm planning on releasing on app world in the next couple of weeks.

When i do i'll make sure everyone here gets it for free. (gonna be cheap tho, probably $3.99?)
    Thanks man, I went to download and it shows 0.6.38 on the main page but when you go to download it still shows 0.6.29
    -Josh

JoshSeawell no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    OK well now it is downloading the correct version 0.6.38, lol... looking forward to the release...
    -Josh

cwrchris no está en línea Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by ekinwang View Post
    hey chris, is there a reason the wall st journal podcast doesn't work? i added the following feed: http://feeds.wsjonline.com/wsj/podca...l_this_morning but your podcast tool does not pick up any feeds. all of the items are listed with 0 mg and can't be downloaded. Thanks!
    i looked into this.. looks like that podcast doesn't properly report the size of the MP3 files. i can read the size when download the mp3 though. let me see how difficult this will be to fix.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Thanks, Chris. A "freeby" would be very generous of you. $3.99 is a VERY reasonable price for this app - almost a "freeby" in itself. I hope you make a bundle. (Just for a reference and for what it's worth, PodTrapper is $9.99.)
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by ekinwang View Post
    hey chris, is there a reason the wall st journal podcast doesn't work? i added the following feed: http://feeds.wsjonline.com/wsj/podca...l_this_morning but your podcast tool does not pick up any feeds. all of the items are listed with 0 mg and can't be downloaded. Thanks!
    Fixed this... there were two problems. That podcast doesn't report the filesize (which i now grab and save when downloading.) Secondly, all episodes in the podcast share the same name. This is unusual, so i detect that case now and append the podcast date to the end of the mp3 file.

I've uploaded a new version here. Browse there on your blackberry and let me know if it fixes your problem.

tonebones220 no está en línea Stack level 2
    This app is awesome.
    BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

Chris, Should the one for the 8900 (4.6) work ok if I'm running 5.0.0.100 on my 8900?

(Haven't been able to get it to DL yet but it may be a wi-fi problem - can't tell at this point.)
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Yeah that is the build you should try, although I have not tested on 5.0 yet. Let me know how it works.

Thx, will post back results when I have something I feel is conclusive.

I just posted a version for 5.0 at the usual place, so you should try that. Seems to work on the 5.0 8900 emulator.

4.6 one should work too but the 5.0 build uses the 5.0 build tools and uses a new 5.0 feature to make the podcast images look nicer (no more jagged scaling, finally they have a smooth bitmap scaler)

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    Thankyou chris for updating this app and for offering people on this thread free app. At 3.99 it is just about free. Thanks again
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.160 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

Thanks, Chris. I finally got the 5.0 version to DL/install.

I've just refreshed the latest Pinstack podcast but it doesn't DL. Nothing happed when I clicked on it to start downloading and if I attempt to menu>play I get "Errror Playing" followed by "The media being played is of unsupported format." (That may be because it's not downloaded but that's what I've go so far.)

If I attempt to play one that's alread downloaded it works fine.

Forget previous post. Suddenly, it's started downloading fast (like wi-fi should). I think it's my problem and not the app's. I had the dickens of a time getting to the DO site (commonwealth...) for a long while. I gonna just start ignoring my problems and they'll resolve themselves. I recommend you ignore me to ... just for a while.

Wheelz, Did the info I sent you help? Shoot a msg back at me if not.

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Wheelz, Did the info I sent you help? Shoot a msg back at me if not.
    Yes it helped. Thanks after following your instructions it all came back to me. Now I get an error and it says download entity to large??
    BlackBerry8330/4.5.0.160 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105