Cool new application just released today from Virtual Views: MediaPOP v2.0 Get it here at ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Thumbs up New Application Available: MediaPOP for Audio and Video email attachments!!

Advertisement

Cool new application just released today from Virtual Views: MediaPOP v2.0 Get it here at the Pinstack store: http://blackberryshop.pinstack.com/p...eo-Attachments free trial available

Ever wish you could view video attachments in emails, open large audio file attachments, even install applications if you get sent a .jad and .cod file as attachments??

With MediaPOP you can download, and play audio and video email attachments over 5mb in size. All file types supported by the BB media player are supported by MediaPOP. You also can add different file type extensions as new ones become supported by the BB media player. When downloaded the attachments can be saved directly to your media card or device memory(media card recommended) Once downloaded, and you click on them to view them, they are played in the media player in the BB's browser. You can also open them in the regular media player once the email is deleted because the files are saved in a MediPOP folder until you delete them.

The application supports multiple attachments, the total file size is limited by BIS to under 6mb(see MediaPOP PDF document for explanation), I have been able to receive files up to about 5.75mb. So this is a great way for someone to send you a short video, full length songs, and more.

I have been able to receive and play attachments in the following formats, mp3, mid, wav, wma, mp4, 3gp, and wmv. There are other file types supported, but that's all I've experimented with so far. I have also been able to install applications when sent .jad and .cod files in an email attachment.

Requires POP3 email like a gmail account with POP3 enabled or another POP3 account. I definitely recommend you download the free trial, unzip, and read the PDF file instructions thoroughly....you'll need to know your POP3 settings like port number and server address....instructions for setting up for gmail are included in the PDF.

Requires BIS, won't work with BES.......unlimited data and micro sd card also highly recommended. Download time will vary by network type and strength of signal.......the larger the file size or higher the number of attachments, the longer it takes. I figure the average for me was about a minute or so per mb.

Check it out, it's pretty cool. I've been playing with it for a while now so if you have questions, I may be able to help a bit, or I can point you to the ones who can answer better.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

CaCHooKa Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    too bad this isnt free. i wish RIM would add functionality like this into their OS instead of requiring us to pay for a 3rd party app.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Exactly CaCHooka! But this is something people will end up getting. I don't get videos, but do get audio once in the blue by my friends via email. I don't really need it, but just incase it will come in use.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!
    It would be nice if everything we wanted was built in......but there will always be some newer, bigger, better function for our BBs.........3rd party developers come up with new ideas, and if they really catch on, sometimes that function gets built in to a future device or OS by RIM.......

One way I look at it is this, if the BB OS could do everything......then would be even more expensive, and many people would be paying for things they will never use. With third party apps, we seek out and buy the ones that are interesting or useful to us. We have the choice to try it and buy it or not. I get emails with attachments all the time, this will come in handy for me, I'll gladly spend a few bucks and have the function I want........although free is always nice.......the developers work hard to make these apps and need to get payed for them........it's how they earn their living.
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4