Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Hi. I'm working on a simple little BB application, called Add To Calendar. It lets ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

bpursley no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile Need testers for Add To Calendar

Advertisement

Hi.

I'm working on a simple little BB application, called Add To Calendar. It lets you turn an email into a Calendar Entry or a Task List item, by adding two new menu items to BlackBerry's built-in email reader... "Add To Calendar" and "Add To Task List"

I've got a Pearl, but I'm at the point now where I think I need some people to help beta test it. If you're interested you can download it here:

http://www.berrylogic.com/ota
    Click on the OTA link to install, or try the zip if you want to use desktop manager.

At some point I plan on distributing this through Handango, to help cover the cost of the signing registration. So registration is something else I'd like to test.

[EDIT:]xx

And please keep in mind this is not my "day job" so I may or may not be able to respond until later in the day to emails.

You can check out my blog/website for any updates... www.berrylogic.com

-Brian
    bpursley@berrylogic.com
    Last edited by bpursley; 09-02-2007 at 10:20 AM.

liltiki no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24056bd4

Re: Need testers for Add To Calendar

Hiya... I downloaded you app. I love the idea behind it - how do I manipulated the date/and time for the email entry into the calender. For example - I get an email re: a meeting in two weeks at 2pm. Will I be able to add that email to the date two weeks hence and at the appropriate time? I can't see how to do that at this point....

thanks!

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Freaking awesome!!!! So far works fine!!! Just open the email click the berry button, highlight and choose add to calendar, and it let's you change the date.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

When you choose one of the menu items (Add to calendar for example) it shows you the subject and the date/time that it will be scheduled, along with OK/Cancel buttons. When it does this, you can scroll up to the date/time field, click on it, and change it from there... see below. By default it chooses 24 hours from the current date/time as the due date.

That's how it works on the 8100. What device you you have?

PIN/ID

i have an 8830, when I try to add and sms to my cal it gives me a uncaught exception:java.lang.classcastexception I know the app was designed to add emails to cal but my sms show in my inbox, and sometime i need to add those to my cal

joshuaesc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32B97E47

I have an 8703e
    My PIN is 32B97E47
    I downloaded it. Not sure if it will work with an 8703e which is still running 4.1.
    It appears in my Options>Applications, but not anywhere in my Applications as an icon nor do I see options for it in my email.
    I'll keep playing with it.
    Feel free to PIN me or add to BB Messenger.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

I also have an 8830. The app downloaded and runs fine. Would it be possible to have the day of week displayed as well as the date? The calender shows the appointment as beginning and ending at the exact same time. Maybe a default of 15 or 30 minutes? Or a set of options to configure settings like that and the default reminder time, busy or free status, etc.

It's a promising applicaiton. I use Pocket Day, and the Add to Task and Add to Calendar are what I use the most. The previous poster mentioned doing the same with text messages; at some point that ability with phone call logs would be great as well. Thanks for sharing.

great suggestions, about the SMS message capability and showing the day of week. I will see what I can do on that.

Joshuaesc, there is no application icon, because its just an add-on to the built-in email application... view an email then go to the menu you should see "Add To Calendar" and "Add To Task List" and a Register menu item.

[EDIT:]xx
    Last edited by bpursley; 09-02-2007 at 10:21 AM.

BklynEddie no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3089BE1A

I have the 7100i and it DL with no problem. But when I'm in an email
    and click on the trackwheel there is no option to "add to calender".
    I have the PocketDay "PD add to calender" Am I missing something?
    I have OS v4.1.0.376 on my 7100i.
    Needed to get a replacement 8330 Curve again, so I got a New pin and it's in my profile... Got 8330m now!

zero_remain no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204AA040

Amazing App! Works exactly as advertised on my 8100. My PIN is 204AA040. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

wu-wei no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    CHERS!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I'm running it on an 8800, and am thrilled to see this. The ability to link to calendar or task list is what I loved about the Palm OS and its 3rd party apps like DateBk6 and Agendus. I'll let you know how it works. My PIN is pin:205ccca4 Thanks!

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    This is a good addition to the bb. Works on my 8300 with no probs. Clean and easy

onlindis10 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3019477D

Just downloaded it and tried it on the 8830 works nicely. Only suggestion would be if you could add the day of the week. I tested it on an email for next week and had to figure out the day of the week to add it to, would be great to scroll to Tues.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. I made a couple of the suggested changes and just published a new version (version 0.9.1) at the download URL... http://www.berrylogic.com/ota

If the download page still says version 0.9 you may need to tell the browser to refresh.

The changes are...

- It now supports SMS messages.
    - Added the day of week to the date/time selector and changed time to display in 12 hours with AM/PM.

Thanks for the excellent suggestions!

I've received alot of emails, and will try to get back to all of you tomorrow. Thanks for helping out.

-Brian

http://www.berrylogic.com

tfrankson no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2845FBAD

Oh Thx for the app its working great!

~via BB r(wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast