i have a business that iw ould like to monitor via my bb 8330 verizon. ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

MackDa600 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30b44bcc

Need help accessing web based security cameras

Advertisement

i have a business that iw ould like to monitor via my bb 8330 verizon.

I tried mobisope and ctvmobile.com, however those are for ip based cameras. My problems is i have 9 cameras that are connected to my server. they are not ip based, rather all are accessed through ONE ip, if that makes sense.

i also tried viewing on opera, no good.

PLEASE HELP.....
    PIN: 30b44bcc

rmerck no está en línea Device Pro
    What kind of hardware are you using for the cameras and interface?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    30b44bcc
    what do mean as far as hardware.

I have a 16 channel dvr, that connected to the server

Make and model of the DVR?

If the dvr is connected to a server, it may be an issue of port forwarding. You said you use one ip, but multiple cameras.

Try setting up you router and firware to forward ports to the respective ports, and when connecting with your BB, instead of connecting to 192.196.0.1 (example ip) try connecting to 192.168.0.1:5901 (or any port you have your cameras set up to. This is how I've set up my VNC servers within my home.

PIN/ID
    30b44bcc
    is certainly probably is a pf issue. because right now i go to one ip like (192.168.0.1:5900) which then brings all 9 cameras up in one live window. it requires activex which is messing me up

Are you able to brint up one camera instead of 9?

PIN/ID
    30b44bcc
    not currently

Hmm. Well the best thing I could say is to see if you can pull a single port for each camera and go directly to each one. It seems like that one port you are using brings up all the channels from the dvr, maybe there is a port designated for each channel

PIN/ID
    30b44bcc
    i not sure as did not install them, but inherited the system

PIN/ID
    30b44bcc
    NEED ACTIVEX control support!

JjcampNR no está en línea Stack level 3
    That's not going to happen on a Blackberry, or a Mac, or Linux, or FireFox, or Opera, etc etc etc. ActiveX is a Windows / Internet Explorer only technology.

Big_O no está en línea Stack level 1
    Here's how I got my DVR working without active x on my 8320. Have 9 cameras which can be seen anywhere on any platform. Keep in mind (unlike the dvr) which is a "real-time" display and/or recording, most handhelds support a limited version of java but not active x. The problem with viewing a dvr over the handheld is frame rate. There is no way you are going to get 30 fps, 15 fps, or even 1 fps with multiple cameras -- because the fps above one camera can't exceed 1 or 2 fps period due to bandwidth limitations set by the data speed of the handheld. Here's what I did: Go download and install "Snap Shooter" by salient software (free) www.salientsoft.net/. What this does is take a screenshot of the actual dvr display, then archives and overwrites one jpg image (of the multiplexed display). Then go download your favorite personal web server (abyss is free) but I used www.pablosoftwaresolutions.com because they have a great web server for $29 (Quick N Easy). Needed a secured login.

Basically, what you are doing is taking a screenshot of the dvr display, then saving the screenshot into the webserver directory. So all you would need to do is goto the web browser and punch in your dvr network ip: http://215.123.4567/dvr_image.jpg and see the desktop screenshot of the dvr. This is also creating a second web server, as most dvr's already have one. Granted its not streaming video, but an image of all multiplexed cameras, it works and works well. Can see all my cameras anywhere, anytime and don't have to be concerned about compatibility with my 8320. This is a bit primitive, but works well for my needs until the BB OS will support active x. Last step is to go "fullscreen" on the dvr to hide the menus, so all that is visible for the screenshot are the cameras. Once everything is installed just hit the refresh button for the browser to update the image.
    Last edited by Big_O; 07-06-2008 at 04:50 AM.

PIN/ID
    30b44bcc
    good idea, i will try that later.