Hi everyone. I've had my first ever Blackberry for less than three weeks, and it ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

CrunchDude no está en línea Stack level 3

Must-have apps for my (fairly) new Curve...coupons??

Advertisement

Hi everyone. I've had my first ever Blackberry for less than three weeks, and it took about 1/2 a day for me to fall in love with it, its OS, its feel, its intuitiveness, its bright screen, the trackball, etc., etc...you get the idea...

I was wondering what you guys think are some "must-have" apps...Obviously, that's different for every individual, but certain apps most everyone uses, such as an IM client, maybe a better email client, a better browser, etc.

I have the better browser already, and also installed Opera Mini. Installing OS 4.5.0.42 not only gave me a great HTML browser (night and day better than the one that came shipped with 4.2.2), but a video recorder, too, along with the L theme.

What do you guys use for IM'ing. I'm coming up to the end of my JiveTalk trial, and would like to purchase it. GoogleMaps is cool, too, for the GPS. I'm still looking for something other than iSkoot for Skype, and IM+ for Skype didn't do the trick either.

So, what else do you guys recommend I get?

Also, I see all these coupons floating around the Internet. Here's my problem with purchasing JiveTalk now vs. what will be hopefully only a short time from now, and that being the Blackberry Bold!

Does anyone have a good (such as $10 off) for most expensive version of JiveTalk, so that I can transfer the license over to my, again, hopefully SOON to be Bold?? Do we have a ballpark release date at all, by the way??

Thank you all!
    It's all about the Berry! BlackBerry Bold 9000 OS 5.0.0.314 w/ BBM 5.0.0.33...works like a final build| ...awaiting release of BlackBerry Bold 9700 w/ HSPA 7.2! :D

DonGato no está en línea Stack level 3
    For IM I use GoogleTalk with an MSN transport. I like it instead of the flashy alternatives (IM+ and Jivetalk) and it's free. It's tricky to set up the transports but you do it once.

Jivetalk is supposed to allow switching devices. If you want to be certain just ask them.

Skype is working on a Blackberry version. There is a beta somewhere in the net but not working for me. Just wait for it.

focuztorch no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    Jive won't allow transfer tried ealier this but must have for viigo jivetalk bbweather garmin mobile~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

CrunchDude no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hey DonGato, thank you very much! I want to sign up here as a paying member, too, and maybe get the 10% discounts, etc. What do you think? Is the software array pretty big? I tried signing up for the $15/year special a couple months ago, but there was a Paypal error every time I tried! A friend of mine also had problems but she finally got through. That bites. I hope they will honor that deal since I made at least 8(!) purchase attempts.

Who would I talk to around here to get my membership paid up at the $15 level retroactively. I purchased several items off ebay around the same time the special was going on, and there was never a problem with it then! But I was unable to submit my payment. Plus, I have a personal account, so they wouldn't even incur the Paypal fee!

I entered the Blackberry world only three weeks ago, and I'm here to stay! I can't believe I didn't try one sooner.

Does anyone know if AT&T will release the Bold for employees with FAN accounts, before it goes on sale on the on the main site??

Awesome site! Thanks to all!
    Last edited by CrunchDude; 06-20-2008 at 11:40 AM.
    It's all about the Berry! BlackBerry Bold 9000 OS 5.0.0.314 w/ BBM 5.0.0.33...works like a final build| ...awaiting release of BlackBerry Bold 9700 w/ HSPA 7.2! :D