Friends, need some quick help, read a post I posted to google but have not ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

DaBlackberryBoy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    URADUMAS

Multiple Domains with GoogleApps

Advertisement

Friends, need some quick help, read a post I posted to google but have not heard back on (if anyone can help, please holler back)...

It has been a while friends, so bear with me. Some time ago I had GoogleApps and switched away due to some issues I think have been fixed, but juts want to confirm. I have scoured the internet and have found some conflicting information. So any and all help would be great. My questions...

1. I have 4 domains that I want to add to one GoogleApps plan. I might even get two. I want to be able to send from 4 different email addresses like so on my blackberry:
    user@domain1.com
    user@domain2.com
    user@domain3.com
    user@domain4.com

Can this be done by adding all four to the BIS?, or are there still issues with this?

2. To further question #1, would it help if I signed up for 4 users via GoogleApps? I assume that for each user you will have, they will each have their own mailbox? My goal is to keep stuff seperate you know, but I have seen where this may be a breach of Google's policies maybe (if I read it right).

3. If I add all four domains to one GoogleApps account, I read that the "on behalf of" has been fixed. So assuming user@domain1.com is my default account address, if I send an email from user@domain2.com, it will show that it came from user@domain2.com and not user@domain1.com. Is this accurate?

Thanks!
    DaBlackberryBoy
    -- http://wardmitchelljr.com --

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    If you indeed like keeping things separate, then create a different account for each domain. Then you can setup the email addresses on your BlackBerry just like any other.

If you want to use one account, pick one as your primary and create a Google Apps account with that. The I suggest to add the other three as alias domains on that account. As far as emailing from the BlackBerry, still just create all four email addresses as normal so that you can send mail from whichever you prefer. Then go into the BIS filters and have it not forward mail to your device from the three secondary emails this way you don't get the same email four times.

Hope that helps somewhat.

PIN/ID
    URADUMAS
    It does, it does!

I was trying to keep it all together to save money you know? $50 a pop is not bad but not really necessary I don't think. $150/yr is not too bad but I will have to cough it up now, today!

So if I understand you right, the BB would still recognize the different email addresses (from the different domains) if all domains were on 1 GoogleApps account? If so, when I reply to an email via the BB, would it reply to the email address it was sent to or the default email address for that GoogleApps account?
    DaBlackberryBoy

PIN/ID
    ASK
    The BlackBerry would indeed recognize all 4 email addresses as individual ones in both cases because with the first option, they really are 4 separate ones. In the second options, part of the process of using domain aliases on Google Apps is to edit the MX records of each domain which would then be recognized as a separate email address.

And $50? How many users do you have under each domain? If it is less than 50 (maybe 25 now) then you can use the free edition.

PIN/ID
    URADUMAS
    Users to start is just me, with maybe one or two more accounts coming in the future. I just don't want to login to three or four different google apps, plus I want to have all of my calendars together to sync (that is the big thing keeping me from getting separate google apps). I have my personal domain, my blog domain and then 2 business domains. In terms of tax writeoffs, I think I can swing it
    DaBlackberryBoy

PIN/ID
    URADUMAS

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Jaricanese View Post
    The BlackBerry would indeed recognize all 4 email addresses as individual ones in both cases because with the first option, they really are 4 separate ones. In the second options, part of the process of using domain aliases on Google Apps is to edit the MX records of each domain which would then be recognized as a separate email address.

And $50? How many users do you have under each domain? If it is less than 50 (maybe 25 now) then you can use the free edition.
    It did not work. I have TMo and tried to setup user@domain1.com and user@domain2.com via BIS and it only found the default domains email address (assuming domain1.com is the default domain). All MX records are pointed correctly and have been verified. This sucks! If I want to respond to an email as user@domain2.com, it seems I need to login to the googleapps gmail web client to do so there! Any ideas?
    DaBlackberryBoy

PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBlackberryBoy View Post
    It did not work. I have TMo and tried to setup user@domain1.com and user@domain2.com via BIS and it only found the default domains email address (assuming domain1.com is the default domain). All MX records are pointed correctly and have been verified. This sucks! If I want to respond to an email as user@domain2.com, it seems I need to login to the googleapps gmail web client to do so there! Any ideas?
    Hmm that;s weird. Have you tried using the GMail mobile app?

PIN/ID
    URADUMAS
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaricanese View Post
    Hmm that;s weird. Have you tried using the GMail mobile app?
    Nah. I just went on and separated them and all works well. I know you used to be able to have multiple domains on a googleapps and get all of the email addresses that way, so maybe Google wised up since then! Thanks for all your help Jaricanese, I really do appreciate it!
    Last edited by DaBlackberryBoy; 09-16-2009 at 11:01 AM.
    DaBlackberryBoy

PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBlackberryBoy View Post
    Nah. I just went on and separated them and all works well. I know you used to be able to have multiple domains on a googleapps and get all of the email addresses that way, so maybe Google wised up since then! Thanks for all your help Jaricanese, I really do appreciate it!
    Aww that sucks. Well at least you got some method to work for you that's good. NP.