I went data only on my 8120 back when I was with TMobile, since then ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Justyn no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    n/a

MSN Messenger

Advertisement

I went data only on my 8120 back when I was with TMobile, since then AIM and Windows Live Messenger wouldn't sign in at all.

After switching to AT&T I can now sign onto AIM but Windows Live Messenger still won't allow me to sign in. I get this message that says:

"Connection Error (65): Problem receiving data from the server"

This was the same error I got with AIM but once swithed over to AT&T for voice and data, I could sign on, but I still get this message with Windows Live Messenger.

Is there anyone who can help me troubleshoot this?
    It's not an iPhone addiction, it's insomnia!

thbassman no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Justin, what have you tried??

Deleting and re-installing? I know ATT has their quirks, let me know, used to work there and maybe I can help. . . need more info. .
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

thbassmanatpinstackdotcom

Check this out!!! Mobiletropolis

My TORCH Rocks!

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Quote Originally Posted by thbassman View Post

Deleting and re-installing? I know ATT has their quirks, let me know, used to work there and maybe I can help. . . need more info. .
    Justin; thbassman knows his stuff...he will help you. He is a good friend.

PIN/ID
    n/a

No havn't tried it. The thought crossed my mind, but WL Messenger came with the device, and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to find the link again. And I thought that if my AIM started working again, there should be a way to get WL started working again. But no go.

No more info. Already said everything. Stopped working once I went data only with TMo. AIM started working when I switched to my employee plan with AT&T (yes with BIS Data) and WL still won't work.

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Smile

Well I am no expert, as I don't use WL just AIM on occaision, and per Jerry D, this version works on ATT, see if it is newer than yours??? Hope this helps . . .and PM me if you have anymore Questions plz.

Thanks JBee!

Edit:

Sorry I forgot the link:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/blog.php?b=322

Justin, one other thought occured to me. When I worked for ATT there were only certain things they allowed on an employee plan . . .have you explored that avenue as well. There used to be a dedicated call center just for that, but I have been gone a year and some things change. Just a thought. It should use a data backdoor and thus not be needed to have a permission set, but as you said it is an employee plan, and they regulate those pretty tightly(or @ least they used to).
    Last edited by thbassman; 09-30-2008 at 05:04 PM.
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

My TORCH Rocks!

PIN/ID
    n/a
    Cool I deleted the app and system is rebooting now.

Also, here's something weird too! In my app list it says I have Facebook (which was on my homescreen when I had 4.3, but didn't notice it missing after upgrading) and also says I have Blackberry maps 4.5

Again they're in my app list, but not displayed on my home screen. I browsed all my hidden icons and they're not there. What gives, is it just wasted space? Should I just delete them?

PIN/ID
    n/a
    I feel like such a newbie right now with all the questions! Just running into some crazy stuff today that I can't figure out!

drspiff no está en línea Stack level 2
    Hey Justin...if you go thru media net on your phone....you need to select mail & messaging>> mobile IM >> download...This is the only garaunteed way all three major IM clients will work...once downloaded it give you the option to AIM, MSN or Yahoo...let me know if its successful
    I do what I can...

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Quote Originally Posted by drspiff View Post
    Hey Justin...if you go thru media net on your phone....you need to select mail & messaging>> mobile IM >> download...This is the only garaunteed way all three major IM clients will work...once downloaded it give you the option to AIM, MSN or Yahoo...let me know if its successful

^^Are these media based or text based?? the cost can be a big difference to some people!

Justin if they are not 4.5 comp this will happen. I had themes that do the same thing!
    THBASSMAN

Carpe Diem!!

My TORCH Rocks!

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Any luck Justyn?~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    n/a
    ^^Are these media based or text based?? the cost can be a big difference to some people!

Justin if they are not 4.5 comp this will happen. I had themes that do the same thing!

The link worked! Thanks guys, I can log on no problem. I don't know if these guys are web or text based, I think with the newer devices they're web based, but I have unlimited both so it doesn't matter.

Still can't figure out BB Maps or Facebook being in my app list though. I'm just gonna delete them, they're just wasted space if I can't access them. I do have Google Maps so there's no point in using BB Maps!

PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Glad you got it figured out Justyn! Be blessed!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~