Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021 LastLast

Love it! Thanks!... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

zeyrah no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Love it! Thanks!
    ~Zey

bmxchick8t no está en línea Stack level 2

mine isnt workin either plz tell me what to do

i went to m.moodio.fm and set me up a play list and when i click on a radio station my phone says "the item you slected cannot be displayed. do you wish to save the idem?" then it says "unsupported media type:application/sdp." does anyone know what that means? i have a att 8300 4.2 help please. thank you in advance

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    You need to upgrade your device to 4.5 in order to get this to work for you. You can get the latest OS for you device here. Instructions on how to do an upgrade are here.

Let us know if you have further questions or need assistance!

Roger

thx roger i got the new os on my comp now i just need to upgrade my phone from 4.2 to 4.5. wish me luck with that

ok roger i cant get my phone to goto 4.5. i deleted 'Vendor.xml' file and pluged it in and nothing happened. i backed my phone up before i started all this and reloaded it and now nothing. its still 4.2. i make themes and add applications to my phone but this seems to be impossible for me. :cry: is there anything else i can do??

bmxchick,

Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you and I'm sorry you weren't able to get the OS loaded last night! What version of DM do you have? Are you running Windows XP or Vista?

Roger

Also, make sure the OS is indeed on your PC. Go to Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs (Programs and Features on Vista) and look for BlackBerry Device Software v4.5.0.

Ok I will try that tonight when I get home. Is there any detailed directions that are seriously step by step anywhere on the net? Last nite I was trying to set it up and kinda fuct up my phone but I got restored. I don't wanna get scared like that again

I posted instructions last night for you. Is there something specific you're looking for? There is usually someone around that can help you since we're all over the world, although nobody was here last night to help you!

You just have to be patient and not trying anything you're unsure of. If you follow the instructions as outlined in the link, you should be okay, but as you found out, there are some variables that can throw you for a loop!

Ok I'll re-read the directions tonite. I might of missed a step last nite. If it's cool with u, I'll try it all over again and give u step by step directions of what I'm doing so u can see if I'm doing it right. If it to much trouble 4 u just let me kno, ok? At 1st I had only the 5gb of data plan then I read about this moodio that's out so I got the unlimited data plan so I can have the moodio radio now I'm having trouble settin it up so I hope I can get it workin so I can take advantage of it.

rjs87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    You should just be albe to delete the vendor.xml file and then ipen DM(4.6)and plug in your phone and it should do everything automatically

No problem, bmxchick. It's really pretty straightforward, but I should be around depending on what time you get started. Your profile says you're in Ohio, so you're in the same timezone as me. Most of my attention, however will be on the start of the NLDS series this evening with my Cubs beating the Dodgers!

Just to be sure, you ARE attempting to do all this with Desktop Manager, correct? You mentioned that you've loaded themes and apps onto your device, but want to make sure.

Make sure both the DM and OS are installed on your PC by going to the Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs (Programs and Features on Vista) and look for BlackBerry Desktop Software and BlackBerry Device Software. You might even want to consider uninstalling and reinstalling both the DM and OS, then rebooting your PC just to make sure everything is clean and ready to go.

Let me know what time you think you'll be starting.

ok i did everything and everything happened except for step 7) and on. when i opened dm and it did a little song and dance but when i checked my phone its still 4.2. so what do u think?

7.) Open Desktop Manager. It should recognize that there is an upgrade for your device. ('Vendor.xml' must be deleted for this step to work).

8) When the Application Loader Wizard is finished examining the configuration on the BlackBerry device, the Device Application Selection screen appears listing the applications and OS version available for installation. The selected check boxes indicate applications that are already installed on the BlackBerry device.

9) If you didn't backup first you should select to do so now.

10) Follow the prompts and you will have OS 4.x installed in about 15 to 20 minutes.

imije no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I also tried it and it told me unsupported media type. What am I doing wrong

Quote Originally Posted by bmxchick8t View Post
    ok i did everything and everything happened except for step 7) and on. when i opened dm and it did a little song and dance but when i checked my phone its still 4.2. so what do u think?

7.) Open Desktop Manager. It should recognize that there is an upgrade for your device. ('Vendor.xml' must be deleted for this step to work).
    You're up too late for me!

You have to manually delete that file. Did you do that? It is located in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader.