I have seen a few threads sprinkled here and on BBForums inquiring as to the ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

JRawlinson no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E5E9D1

Monopoly for BB by BPlay

Advertisement

I have seen a few threads sprinkled here and on BBForums inquiring as to the availability of Monopoly for the BB.

I have been on the lookout for it as well. Monopoly is a fun game to while some time away but not very convenient to haul around, until now. I went ahead and dropped the $10 at BPlay based on some of the screenshots. I was not dissapointed.

The interface is EXCELLENT, and the game rules are able to be customized easily depending on which variation of Monopoly you may have grown up with. All the game pieces are true to the original and animate themselves around the board when you roll. The horse gallops, the iron slides, the race car peels out, etc. Very nice.

There is also a nice 'status' screen which will show you at a glance the properties owned by you, the other players, and the Bank. Trades and bids are also included.

Anyway, this is certainly not an in-depth review, but if you have any questions, feel free to msg me before you drop the 10-spot, although I doubt you will be dissapointed.

jones_science no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Monopoly for BB by BPlay

I may have to check that out before my next business trip. Yeah, and you're not kidding about the rules you grew up with. I think my family always played it too nice when I was a kid, because I get killed by others I know. Or hey, maybe I'm just not too good with the cash management...

theforumguy no está en línea Stack level 2

Il check out some screenshots, but won't things get to small to look at.
    BlackberryFreeware.com - A huge directory of free Blackberry software.

Top Directories:
    Free Blackberry Games
    Free Blackberry Remote Access

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

Hmm sounds interesting always wanted a bb version~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    23E5E9D1

theforumguy:

No, actually it's an appropriate size. The board is 3D, and at any given moment you are looking at about 1/4 of it. You can pan around very smoothly and see what's going on, or you can use the Status view to look at the entire board from a birds-eye view.

I know you guys are going to think I work for BPLay or something, but I don't. It's just a nice piece of software, especially for $10. I'm travelling to St. Louis this weekend and this will be the perfect time waster for the trip.

deejaycaius no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23F519E5

I downloaded and purchased this thanks to your review and I love it!

evilcaptain no está en línea Stack level 3

I bought it as well. I loved this game when I played it on my palm. I wish there is an option to turn off animation so that the game would move faster and be less of a drain on the battery. It took me over 2 hours to complete a game. I did win on the easy mode vs 3 computer players.

PIN/ID
    23E5E9D1

Cool. Glad you guys like it too. I am finding I like small one-on-ones. They take about 20 minutes, the right amount of time for a waiting room or long line.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~