I want to buy this app. But I want to know a few things. If ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

rn4emp no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    400bf931

mobishark modem

Advertisement

I want to buy this app. But I want to know a few things. If i'm using the modem can i still get phone calls on the blackberry. (I'm reaching here. lol)
    also My BB 7520 doesn't have a modem I tried to download the trial version but it didn't work for me. Will buying the full version work for my phone?
    I'm almost like GOD. I got the whole world in my hands when I'm using my crackberry.

pentace no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: mobishark modem

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    What exactly does the program do?

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Personally I think 35$ for something your device can already do if you have the patience to set it up is a waste. But that is my opinion only. And how can your bb not have a modem? You can get email on it correct? As long as u have a radio in your device you have a modem. Its more of a matter of handheld os version.

PIN/ID
    400bf931

I followed the instructions from the forum. but when I look on my laptop it doesn't see the modem for the blackberry. I called nextel and they sad they don't support this feature. I'm thinking that they took the modem out of the phone.
    I'm almost like GOD. I got the whole world in my hands when I'm using my crackberry.

Usually that means they just won't support it not that it isn't there. For instance rim does not support it either but you can still do it. If for somereason they did remove it just install non nextel software maybe verizons or another cdma carriers os.

PIN/ID
    400bf931

okay if I do need a modem install where can I download one? Does this site have a download link for BB modems?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ um I forget the link ill post it when I get home I have the links for all 45 bb providers os downloads. Or ig you google it the page is on rims bb forum with all the links its not 100% up to date because of the 5 new providers but its should fit your needs

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by pentace
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ um I forget the link ill post it when I get home I have the links for all 45 bb providers os downloads.
    http://dynoplex.com/rimos.shtml

I know this is listed on the site already, but this is thru dynoplex's website...Follow the links for said carriers and it will take you to their RIM OS download page...

alonesoul no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    4007AB30

Can you load non-Nextel device software on a 7520?

btw I tried the proc documented and couldn't get it to work either

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

I believe you can, however it will take some editing of the files on the computer before you try and load it into your device because of the 2 way radio feature, atleast I am pretty sure thats what I have heard before...Pentace can answer that one better...but depending on how tech saavy you are, you may want to stick with the Nextel OS.

BBadBoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4010DD80

I thought the whole point of the Mobishark modem was to allow you to use devices not technically supported as modems. I was looking at it for my 7100i. If it doesn't work with Nextel phones because Nextel doesn't support using them as modems, what's the point? I'd Nextel supported using the 7100i as a modem, I wouldn't need Mobishark. I don't get it.

Just because they don't support it does not mean it isa not supported it just means they don't want to deal with it lol I know nextel users that do it so. It can be done

BBadBoy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    4010DD80

Cool. Do you know if they use Mobishark or a similar tool or are they able to use their Nextel BB as a modem without needing any other software?