I got this message continuosly that mobireader can't read my micro sd inside my 8100. ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

piterh no está en línea Stack level 1

mobireader cant read memory card

Advertisement

I got this message continuosly that mobireader can't read my micro sd inside my 8100.
    Anybody know how to solve this?

lkrhodes no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Re: mobireader cant read memory card

I have a simular problem. I can't download ota books to mobireader. Says file is to big. Or something to that effect. I have a 2g card with plenty of room. Anyone have any ideas?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bboy1 no está en línea Stack level 1

I just got a 2g sd card and when I put it in the the pearl the phone starts blinking on and off can anyone tell me why it does that ? Then when I take it out the phone works just fine.

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e

What version did all of you download? And did you format your card when you put it in? Sounds like you didn't. Format the card, and then try reloading your books. I've had mobireader for ages. Pin me if you need more help. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

toxic69 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20537f3b

same with me got 2gig mem card and wont save books to card says no card found, every thing else on phone finds the card pic's videos music ect, must be something with mobireader.

gazar no está en línea Stack level 5

What version of Mobipocket are you running, I think 6.0 is the only one that utilizes Sd card.

Gaz.

lkrhodes no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

I will check and let you know. Thanks!

toxic69 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20537f3b

found out how to solve the problem download mobi pocket reader ota and select the pearl version then make a folder called ebooks on memory card and take memory card out of the phone put it in the computer and sync the books to the card put the card back in the phone and it works.
    if you try and sync the books to the phone the pc program updates your phone to the version that dont support cards
    PIN ME 20537F3B

itjunkie no está en línea Stack level 2

I have 6.1 and have the same issue. The software shows the media card in my 8130 as a removable drive. I can load books to it but they don't show up in mobireader on my Blackberry. If I try to load the book directly to my Blackberry on the media card, I get the NO CARD FOUND error.

Bob

fritzykadoo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23FB96F8

You must use the mobipocket ebook reader version 6 beta for your device to use the external SD card. The older versions claim to support external cards but do not.

1. Download the mobipocket v6 beta and install on your device.
    2. Make sure the card is formatted.
    3. You will need to create an "eBooks" directory at the root level of the card. If you are using Windows XP on your desktop, you can plug your phone into the computer and the SD card on your BB should show up as a removable storage drive on "My Computer". You can use Windows Explorer to create the "eBooks" directory.
    4. As toxic69 indicated in his post, do not sync your eBooks using the mobipocket Desktop software.

If you have nay problems, PM me or post; I'll try to reply as soon as possible. I've spent a few hours and finally got mobipocket working...no need for others to go thru the same frustration.

itjunkie no está en línea Stack level 2

Thanks fritzy! that did the trick. The first time I loaded the desktop I had it install the reader on my Blackberry and it was the wrong version. Working great now. Happy holidays.

Bob