This is the strangest thing. On my previous Curve, I downloaded MobiPocket Reader and was ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum
MobiPocket Reader timeout problem
This is the strangest thing. On my previous Curve, I downloaded MobiPocket Reader and was able to use it right away and never had any problems. During the time I had an At&t Tilt I was also able to use it without a hitch. Having come to like the app, I downloaded it to my new Curve tonight, only it won't let me access the bookstore.
One of two things happen:
1. I will choose either eBookstore, or My Account and it will start to load, it gets to 40% and stops, then it tells me that the server timed out. If I exit the program and try again, it starts out at 40% and almost instantly tells me it timed out.
2. I will start the same as above, only it will load to 40% and then it will open the menu and ask me which bookstore I want, I choose the MobiPocket bookstore and it goes back to the loading screen and instantly tells me it timed out.
I followed the "help" recommended fix given by MobiPocket and deleted my IPPP for 5 Click service book, then re-registered with the wireless network. All that did was remove my "Personal Email Set Up" icon, but did not fix the problem. I like having instant access to my BIS page from the device, so I just resent my service books and got my icon back, I figured that wasn't the problem since the fix followed by a battery pull didn't help.
I checked the TCP settings page and everything seems in order. It is currently listed as:
Username for APN: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
Password for APN: ******* (I didn't set this password, and I have no idea what it is, so I don't want to mess with it)
All my other internet/email/mms functions work fine, and I can browse using both the BlackBerry Browser as well as the MEdia Net Browser, so I am hesitant to really mess with much more settings wise.
I also tried connecting to the bookstore with the BB Browser set as default, and the MEdia Net Browser set as default, neither worked. Finally, I manually set every possible permission to ALLOW.
Ok, the rundown:
1. I have done a few battery pulls
2. I followed the MobiPocket recommended fix
3. I have tried both browsers as default
4. I have opened all permissions
5. I have resent service books, and I have re-registered with the network
6. All other internet/mail/mms features work fine
So, anyone have any ideas? Maybe their service is just down?
I've been having several network related issues with Mobipocket today also. I don't believe it's you - I think it's something on their end.
I agree with wxboss, even from my pc I had issues with their site today.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
That is actually a relief. Well, here's to hoping it gets fixed soon... Thanks for the info!
Tags for this Thread