I recently downloaded Mobipocket OTA. It works just fine if I have my Firewall disabled, ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Mobipocket/Firewall problem - help!

Advertisement

I recently downloaded Mobipocket OTA. It works just fine if I have my Firewall disabled, but the problem is that I want my firewall enabled! If my firewall is enabled, I get the following message: "The application mobireader has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy."

The problem is that I don't have an IT policy!! I am on BIS and I bought this BB Pearl brand new from Cingular. My WAP settings are also correct and I don't have a problem with any other program. I've made sure that all of the settings for Mobipocket are set to "allow" in the Firewall settings.

I've done a search for this error message and it seems that most of the time it is a problem with BES and the connected IT policy - but that is not the case for me. Can anyone help me? Thanks!

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Mobipocket/Firewall problem - help!

Have you tried to remove the app and reinstall? Also try to reset your firewall settings.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: Mobipocket/Firewall problem - help!

After a couple more searches the resetting firewall seems like the only option since you are not on BES. Let us know how it goes.