so i love the gmail app for my pearl and it works great except... i ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

camerr55 no está en línea Stack level 2

mobile gmail quirks

Advertisement

so i love the gmail app for my pearl and it works great except...

i have not been able to find a way to get into the text of an email for occasions where i want to cut and paste something or open a link.

please help this is pretty annoying. i also have all emails sent to my phone directly and that works, but I dont wall all of my email accounts to do that. just to let you know i already tried that. thanks.

ohbarnes no está en línea Stack level 2
    Me too! I also have my email sent directly to my device and as you say, that works fine, but the primary reason for having the gMail app is to have access to 'archived' and/or 'deleted on device' messages or chats.

Also, tried to select 'forward message' but the original is truncated in create/edit mode so not selectable either - same if you save as draft and reopen...

Example just today when I was away and needed to look up a shipment tracking from a couple of weeks ago - gmail app search pulled it up quickly but the tracking # was text only so no hyperlink and no way to copy the 20 digit number - had to get a pen (yes, imagine that!) write the number down, go to mobile tracking site, enter in painfully long alpha numeric number...

Any tricks out there - excluding the obvious 'resend it to yourself so it drops back into your BES/BIS inbox' option...

Thanks.
    OB - 8310 AT&T

Anyone have any ideas on this yet? Thanks!

~via smartphone~

CaCHooKa Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    it doesnt have the ability to cut and paste. you can, however, click links. well at least i can. you just scroll down until the link is highlighted.

Jaricanese no está en línea Software Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Yup no cut and paste, and no using the delete key either. tsk tsk

visortgw no está en línea Stack level 3
    Have you tried the keyboard shortcut for paste (i.e., CAP+click trackball)?

JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    if it is that big of a deal then just use the regular email... and dont delete them....

CaCHooKa Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by visortgw View Post
    Have you tried the keyboard shortcut for paste (i.e., CAP+click trackball)?
    pasting stuff you copy from outside of the program works but you cant actually copy anything from any emails you receive from within the program.

Yeah, not that big of a deal and I do use regular email for my primary but I would rather not get all of my web purchase confirmations and stuff like that to my cell, but rather check it when I wish. Thanks for the responses everyone.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~