Colleagues, I am using mobile blogger through Google. I sent my message as an e-mail ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

akosnitzky no está en línea Stack level 3

Mobile Blogger - Google

Advertisement

Colleagues,
    I am using mobile blogger through Google. I sent my message as an
    e-mail and it properly posted to my account. The problem is that it
    only posted as a draft. How can I set it up to immediately publish
    onto the site?

Any thoughts?

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Re: Mobile Blogger - Google

Maybe BenMarvin will be here in a little bit...I know that he was having a problem with his blogger account doing something similar and he was able to get it fixed...I dunno...I rarely use my blog anymore.

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~im having the same issue with my blogger account.

I am sorry that others are having the problem, so consider my initial post as giving you peace of mind that you are not alone. Obviously if it is being sent as a draft, then the mobile blogger does not add to the technology. I did post earlier to the help discussion board and never received a response as of yet. If something changes, I will add it to the forum.
    http://parkwayelem.blogspot.com

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Ah-ha, Thanks N8, I do know, cause it happened to me.
    In an effort to prevent spam blogs (or splogs), Blogger has taken extra steps to ensure that your blog is legit. So, if you post from a web browser, you have to enter a captcha so it knows you're not a robot. This does not exist when you do a mobile post, so the posts default to draft. To fix this, check out the Blogger help file here. It may take a day or two for them to review your blog, verify it's not spam, and get rid of the captcha.
    Cheers.

http://benmarvin.blogspot.com/2006/1...post-word.html
    http://benmarvin.blogspot.com/2006/10/wahoo.html

Oh also, make sure in your mobile posting setting, you have Publish Immediatly turned to on.

Ben,
    Thank you.
    I followed the directions from the link you sent. Greatly appreciated.

http://parkwayelem.blogspot.com

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

One more thing, if you don't want the "sent from my blackberry" to appear at the end of the post, add an extra line with just '#end' (without the quotes)
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I am now able to post text from my blackberry. Anyway to post pictures from our handheld devices?

waldog no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21C43423

This is how I do it.

1st. Take a picture from your mobile. Then go to the pic and select "send as mms". After that select "go@blogger.com" as the adddress to send to. It will upload it to your blog and send you a claim token in a mms to your mobile.. Go online on your pc and submit the claim token and then you're all set to post from your mobile. The title of your text message will be the title of the blog post. I set up a contact in my address book as Blog and an email address for that contact as go@blogger.com, then whenever you want to upload something to your blog, just send it to that contact. You can do just text blogs by making a new mms and selecting the title and the text that's in the mms will be the blog post. You only have to do the claim token 1 time and it will log your mobile # and then allow you to blog from that #. You can visit your blog in the BB browser and log in to edit or change the blog.

If this helps you, please let me know. Or if you need any other help, let me know.

Edit: sorry for bumping such a old post.
    Last edited by waldog; 07-29-2007 at 04:12 AM.

ryfoster no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Lightbulb Re: Mobile Blogger - Google

Quote Originally Posted by waldog
    This is how I do it.

1st. Take a picture from your mobile. Then go to the pic and select "send as mms". After that select "go@blogger.com" as the adddress to send to. It will upload it to your blog and send you a claim token in a mms to your mobile.. Go online on your pc and submit the claim token and then you're all set to post from your mobile. The title of your text message will be the title of the blog post. I set up a contact in my address book as Blog and an email address for that contact as go@blogger.com, then whenever you want to upload something to your blog, just send it to that contact. You can do just text blogs by making a new mms and selecting the title and the text that's in the mms will be the blog post. You only have to do the claim token 1 time and it will log your mobile # and then allow you to blog from that #. You can visit your blog in the BB browser and log in to edit or change the blog.

If this helps you, please let me know. Or if you need any other help, let me know.

Edit: sorry for bumping such a old post.
    Hey, I discovered that when you want to post pictures to your Blogger via Blogger Mobile, you can actually send an E-MAIL with the photo(s) as an ATTACHMENT to go@blogger.com and it will insert the photos into your post with any text you add.

This is PERFECT for me since i don't have a MMS plan and have the TMo unlimited data plan.

Let me know if this works for anyone.
    ---
    R. Foster (2 Timothy 2:15)