Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39

Ok, i'm just saying. As a beta tester you get a 50% discount, at least ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

  1. #1
    bluefairy1971's Avatar
    bluefairy1971 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    399

    Thumbs down Miutunes not fair on pricing!

    Advertisement



    Ok, i'm just saying. As a beta tester you get a 50% discount, at least thats what they promised us correct? But now that they have released it they have it on sale for $29.99 and we can not get a discount on the sale price. We can only get a discount on the full price. $39.99. Please don't call me cheap, I know it's only an extra $4 or $5 but shoot thats 1 tank of gas!
    If we were promised 50% discount (they never said 50% only on full price) then thats what we should get, 50% on the price..period. Whether it is on sale or not.
    Just my thoughts.

  2. #2
    ItsNowOrNever's Avatar
    ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    PIN/ID
    30485184
    Posts
    2,994
    It's a $10 discount....that's only two gallons of gas here!

    However, I really dont see the hype in buying something that your phone comes with anyway. JMO.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

  3. #3
    bluefairy1971's Avatar
    bluefairy1971 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    399
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    It's a $10 discount....that's only two gallons of gas here!

    However, I really dont see the hype in buying something that your phone comes with anyway. JMO.
    Hi, well the program is way better than the media player that comes on our phone. you can make a playlist for example, in fact several instead of listening to whatever song come son next or shuffle. Album art, etc. it's way cooler. You should try the free trial for 7 days and see if you like it.

  4. #4
    EricaJ1073's Avatar
    EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,420
    I beta tested this also and LOVE the program. I managed to be lucky enough to get a free license but what I don't get is why I can't have the program on 2 BlackBerry's.


  5. #5
    bluefairy1971's Avatar
    bluefairy1971 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    399
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    I beta tested this also and LOVE the program. I managed to be lucky enough to get a free license but what I don't get is why I can't have the program on 2 BlackBerry's.
    lucky you!!! congrats! yeah i saw that you can only have it on one your blackberrys. I guess they are treating it just like regular software. But what happens if you lose your phone or something. anyway congrats again!

  6. #6
    EricaJ1073's Avatar
    EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    10,420
    You can request to have the license transferred to a different BB by emailing them via their website and giving them the license number, old BB PIN and new BB PIN. Then you have to wipe the software off the old BB after installing it on the new BB.


  7. #7
    fritter's Avatar
    fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Posts
    942
    thats pretty much like any software licenses. One license per device unless you buy two.

  8. #8
    ItsNowOrNever's Avatar
    ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    PIN/ID
    30485184
    Posts
    2,994
    Quote Originally Posted by bluefairy1971 View Post
    Hi, well the program is way better than the media player that comes on our phone. you can make a playlist for example, in fact several instead of listening to whatever song come son next or shuffle. Album art, etc. it's way cooler. You should try the free trial for 7 days and see if you like it.
    I have an ipod for album art and I can make playlists with my media player! Hey...if people want it, go for it----but then complaining about pricing is silly IMO. At least the beta testers are getting a discount, they dont even have to offer that.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

  9. #9
    cabbnut's Avatar
    cabbnut no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PIN/ID
    231fe5b6
    Posts
    5
    I was one of the "unlucky" beta testers who did not get a free license, but was happy to pay half the regular price to get a far superior media player than the default BB one.

    I'm assuming 'bluefairy1971' you meant gallon and not tank of gas. I paid CDN$78 for my last tank of gas!

  10. #10
    boxaberry's Avatar
    boxaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    A5KM341T
    Posts
    299
    I don't see what the problem is with the media player within the BB. The browser on the other hand...
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  11. #11
    bluefairy1971's Avatar
    bluefairy1971 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    399
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbnut View Post
    I was one of the "unlucky" beta testers who did not get a free license, but was happy to pay half the regular price to get a far superior media player than the default BB one.

    I'm assuming 'bluefairy1971' you meant gallon and not tank of gas. I paid CDN$78 for my last tank of gas!
    yes lol ,,a gallon sorry.

    by the way..i wasnt mad or angry and someone on here seems a bit tiffed or hasn't gotten any last night i think..god grief..why such hostility?? (sighs)

    anyway.....
    and yeah the default media player is kinda crappy. just wanted to know others thought the 50% rule was fair to give but take back if there was a sale price thats all..not ungrateful at all..thanks anyway to those who had open minded comments, even if you thought i was wrong at least you didn't say it with an attitude..,,,,,,,,,,JMO.

  12. #12
    HeyMrRadio's Avatar
    HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,290
    - Not everyone has/wants an iPod.

    - This is an amazing app, better than the stock media player.

    - There should be 2 price schemes, one for beta testers and one regular priced.

    - Folks are tired of waiting for the new OS for the upgraded media player features.

    - IMO, because obviously it couldve been someone elses. Hey Blue!

  13. #13
    bluefairy1971's Avatar
    bluefairy1971 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    399
    Quote Originally Posted by HeyMrRadio View Post
    - Not everyone has/wants an iPod.

    - This is an amazing app, better than the stock media player.

    - There should be 2 price schemes, one for beta testers and one regular priced.

    - Folks are tired of waiting for the new OS for the upgraded media player features.

    - IMO, because obviously it couldve been someone elses. Hey Blue!
    LMBO....Hey Mr. Radio!!! where have you been? lol Did you try the player..I really liked it. I think I am just gonna take it at the 50% off the regular price and call it a day..lol
    Thank you for all your help previously stranger !

  14. #14
    pda.teck's Avatar
    pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Posts
    1,252
    Quote Originally Posted by bluefairy1971 View Post
    Ok, i'm just saying. As a beta tester you get a 50% discount, at least thats what they promised us correct? But now that they have released it they have it on sale for $29.99 and we can not get a discount on the sale price. We can only get a discount on the full price. $39.99. Please don't call me cheap, I know it's only an extra $4 or $5 but shoot thats 1 tank of gas!
    If we were promised 50% discount (they never said 50% only on full price) then thats what we should get, 50% on the price..period. Whether it is on sale or not.
    Just my thoughts.

    I have to agree with you, I know alot of work goes into programing, and they should make some money, But I think they didn't treat the beta testers very well price wise, so I deleted the program, its not like Jive talk, that one I can't live with out! Media is very secondary to me, And between the built in and XPlayer, which is free, I am quite happy, not paying for another program.
    Last edited by pda.teck; 05-27-2008 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Cuz my spelling S**KS
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

  15. #15
    HeyMrRadio's Avatar
    HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,290
    Quote Originally Posted by bluefairy1971 View Post
    LMBO....Hey Mr. Radio!!! where have you been? lol Did you try the player..I really liked it. I think I am just gonna take it at the 50% off the regular price and call it a day..lol
    Thank you for all your help previously stranger !
    Well I was going to get it until PDA just reminded me of xPlayer for the BB. Anyway, Im only a PIN away, you know that!

    Quote Originally Posted by pda.teck View Post
    And between the built in and XPlayer, which is free, I am quite happy, not paying for another program.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •