Hi All, I have BB Curve 8320(t-mobile). I downloaded Midpssh to log into my servers ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

nazs no está en línea Stack level 1

Midpssh problem

Advertisement

Hi All,
    I have BB Curve 8320(t-mobile). I downloaded Midpssh to log into my servers at work. If I am at home connected to my wifi this program works great!. But If I am not connected to a wifi I get this message: Session error, writer: tunnel failed

Does this program only work when connected to a wifi? I thought I could use this to log into my work server from anywhere as long as I had a signal from t-mobile. Any suggestions would help.

Thanks,
    Nazs

bcddd214 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by nazs View Post
    Hi All,
    I have BB Curve 8320(t-mobile). I downloaded Midpssh to log into my servers at work. If I am at home connected to my wifi this program works great!. But If I am not connected to a wifi I get this message: Session error, writer: tunnel failed

Does this program only work when connected to a wifi? I thought I could use this to log into my work server from anywhere as long as I had a signal from t-mobile. Any suggestions would help.

Thanks,
    Nazs

Update:
    Dec 21 2008

From bcddd214

The issue is an authentication issue with the apn (basically a RIM proxy)
    All you have to do is call t-mobile and fight with thier teir 1 support to get to tier 2 and when they log into the APN they will see "unauthorized access", (AKA, the server does not have a user account).

Your RIM device establishes a tunnel connection first on on port 9201 (i think) and then launches the rest of the way out on the internet on port 22. If you cannot connect to the APN proxy first, the tranmission stops there.
    I.E. Tunnel Failed

Have them add an account on thier APN and "bah-da-bing!" ssh connection!

Oh, and follow these instructions first!
    (can't post a link, grrrrr)
    google these keywords
    "session error writer: tunnel failed"
    There are a ton of instructions dealing with the apn settings in your options menu.
    Last edited by bcddd214; 12-21-2008 at 09:48 PM.