Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I've downloaded each of the applications at different times, and gave each one a trial ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

Margietag1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Microsoft Tellme vs. Yahoo OneSearch

Advertisement

I've downloaded each of the applications at different times, and gave each one a trial run for a couple days. I was very surprised to actually find that I preffered Tellme over OneSearch, by far.
    I found Tellme to be much faster. Starting from when it picked up my GPS location, up until the information I had requested was available on screen. I also liked that Tellme had more search options and information available. I was stoked when Yahoo released OneSearch with voice command, and promptly downloaded it to give it a whirl. I found it simple and easy to use. A bit slow at times, worthwhile though since no others had software like it. However, Microsoft outdid Yahoo, by far with their release of a product that doesn't even match but far surpasses the previous. Just wanted to share my opinion on the two. I'm not saying I'm right or wrong, just my opinion. I would love to hear other people and their opinion on the two products. Thanks!!

dallas1125 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2576E92F
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    They are both great but it depends on what you are using them for in my opinion. Yahoo is like a browser for BB but you have to search for it. Microsoft finds places and gives you directions to there. The voice recognition is off on both though...

Margietag1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I agree with you. Being that they are both early releases for both, they certainly both couls use a little tweaking to work out the bugs they have!!

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    i think i'll have to download the tell me then, based on your OP. i have been using one seach since the launch. it seems that maybe my 'texas drawl' gets misconstrued quite a bit and i find myself searching for stuff in lakewood, CA instead of brentwood, CA
    it has been 'ok' but i am really psyched to check out how the GPS works with the tell me app

PIN/ID
    LESS
    I've yet to try the new tell me version. i've heard quite a few good things about the updated version. i used it when it was first released months back and liked it, but didnt really have a use for it all that much. cant wait to hear about your reviews guys and gals

LLceleb no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    yahoo is real good
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tmobile
    BOLD

Gman1108 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~im based in the UK and downloaded Tellme. It work, kept getting 'connection lost' errors.

I contacted the maker who told me its available for use in the UK yet, shame.

Can't wait for it to work here.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    I could not get tell me to work on my 8320. I have TMO and read that it only works for select carriers. I guess TMO is not one of them. I like One Search. It works great for me.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dtaso no está en línea Stack level 2
    After you use them for awhile, you guys will find out that yahoo is better. I wish google would come out with something like that.

tws777 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I used both and Tellme does work for Tmobile. I prefer Yahoo though. Of course, I don't use GPS.

blaquegenius no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    316dfa3c
    I'm really diggin the tellme app. When selecting btwn the 2, really take into consideration what you use it for. With tellme, the voice recoginition is perfect, especially if I'm driving in an area, I'm not familar with. I haven't tried Yahoo yet...LOL so I guess this is somewhat bias...

gies no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

TellMe for Telus??

Any word on when TellMe will be available in Canada (Telus)?
    I would love to have an all-in-one. I've been using Yahoo Go 3.0 AND OneSearch for about a week or so now because I like certain features on each. I just can't get rid of one yet. Hope TellMe gets an all network release soon.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "BlackBerry - Two thumbs up.... If I could move 'em."

Robm no está en línea Stack level 2
    Im waiting for it to work with my 8800 and os 4.5 which does not currently work

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    I've been using both. I have tellme on one BB 8310 & OneSearch on another BB 8310. This way I can do a side by side comparison.

I've chosen to wait before posting a review as they each need work. Both are a good start but have accuracy issues.

via: Red BB 8310
    (wap.pinstack.com)~

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Just Downloaded Tellme, bb restarts when attempting to run the app...?!?!?!?! Oh well, oneSearch is great (IMO)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast