Came across this...Downloaded it and it works believe it or not...A Little slow, but it ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8

MGMAPS....Google/Yahoo/Etc In One

Came across this...Downloaded it and it works believe it or not...A Little slow, but it does the job...

Mobile GMaps is a FREE application that displays Google Maps, Yahoo! Maps, Windows Live Local (MSN Virtual Earth) and Maps and satellite imagery on Java J2ME-enabled mobile phones, PDAs and other devices. MGMaps can connect to a GPS receiver over bluetooth or use internal GPS features on some phones in order to automatically display the map for your current position.
    Mobile GMaps is distributed under the Attribution - NonCommercial - NoDerivs Creative Commons license. You may download, use and distribute the application free of charge only for personal, non-commercial purposes.

• GPS connectivity: connect to a GPS device over bluetooth or use the internal GPS to view maps or aerial imagery for your current location. Enable GPS synchronization to continuously move the map as you move around, view your position, speed and heading.
    • Maps and satellite imagery: view various types of maps and aerial images, zoom in and out, mark favorite places with map pushpins.
    • Search for places or businesses, view the results including addresses and phone numbers. Do you want to call any of them? You can do that directly from Mobile GMaps!
    • Bookmarks: store your favorite places or search results to jump quickly to any of them.
    • Mobile WikiMapia:New! is a mashup that allows users to add tags and annotate locations displayed on Google Maps. They already have over 1 million places, now you can view them on your cellphone using MGMaps!
    • View KML files:New! view any .kml file available online containing Google Earth places by simply entering its web address. Compressed files (.kmz) are also supported.
    • Subway maps: view subway maps for New York, London, Berlin, Washington DC, Boston.
    • Connectivity with Navizon: use MGMaps together with Navizon in order to support GPS functionality over bluetooth on Windows-Mobile phones and some older Symbian S60 phones and to enable positioning features without a GPS device. See for more details.
    In order to download this, you do NOT go to

The ONLY way this will work is:

Scroll down until you see THIS:
    MGMaps v1.28.06 without internal or bluetooth GPS support - compatible with Blackberry phones (September 30, 2006). [jad] [jar]

OTA download the JAR file onto your device.

Any other thing you download WILL freeze your device and give you tons of java errors, as I have experienced it for the last hour trying to see which works and which works best on the devices.

Now, it's kind of hard to navigate, because you have to physically bring up the menu instead of using the trackwheel...

See the bottom of this page for Keyboard Shortcuts:

I am going to play around with it a little more later and see what all it does...However, I can confirm that the Satellite/Maps and Subway maps do work.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro

crupp no está en línea Stack level 2
    I can't seem to bring up any data. The app installs fine, I get transfer arrows but nothing displays?
    Having the latest electronics, not priceless

Spamdumpster no está en línea Device Pro
    It's set up to work with Navizon. If only navizon would release a version for blackberry ...

quantez no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: MGMAPS....Google/Yahoo/Etc In One

My bb kept reset itself when I downloaded this app. 7100i