I have a BB 8830 and think its a great device.. BUT.. don't know why ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

ChrisNome no está en línea Stack level 1

Memory card space for applications???

Advertisement

I have a BB 8830 and think its a great device.. BUT..

don't know why they limit you to the device memory for application space. I constantly find myself toggling between apps, loading them on, loading them off, figuring out which are the most valuable to keep on the phone as new apps are always coming out..

WHY??????????? I have 1Gig of space available on my memory card which is half full. I actually thought I could use that for ANYTHING. Why can't I story and run my apps on it??

If there's a way or an app to unlock the memory on the memory card for apps, please let me know

thx!
    ========
    ChrisNome
    ========

i havnt had the need to remove and add apps but im all for expanding the storage for apps i think it would only allow us to learn/play/experince more with our BB's

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3
    Short answer is no.

There is a card loader app that might be worth your while (Aerize Card Loader) - it allows you to load files onto the app, then install them on the BB when you need them, then uninstall them after to free up the memory again and still have them on the SD to install again. It doesn't keep persistent settings for those apps though, so you have to set them up fresh everytime (lose high scores for games, etc.).

Pinstack's software store seems to have disappeared this weekend, but you can find it here.

http://store.berryreview.com/product...nstall-utility

This is one of the things I'm most annoyed with about the BB, having come from a long line of Palm PDA's that allowed running most programs from SD cards.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Tried Aerize and got a refund. Among other things, it doesn't pick up apps you already have and they have to be deleted, re-downloaded. Plus it uses your native memory to run any apps it facillitates. And that's only the beginning.
    I share your incredulousness regarding the fact that even the latest RIM releases essentially have no native memory and still preclude apps from being downloaded to and accessed from cards.

you would think it would be a simple software update to fix this issue if they really wanted to like forget about saving it on the memory card but aleast allow the bold users to use the entire 1gig that comes on board storage for apps we can just use the sd card slot for our other needs

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by MackDaddy135 View Post
    you would think it would be a simple software update to fix this issue if they really wanted to like forget about saving it on the memory card but aleast allow the bold users to use the entire 1gig that comes on board storage for apps we can just use the sd card slot for our other needs
    I really can't understand RIM's thinking on this. Fixing this would only help them sell more devices and get a greater share of the market since people would be able to do more with their devices and BB's would be one step closer to being complete laptop replacements.