I just bought a Holux M-1200 and Mapquest Navigator to use on my T-Mobile 8320. ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

truebeliever367 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    248145F3

Mapquest Navigator on T-Mobile Curve 8320

Advertisement

I just bought a Holux M-1200 and Mapquest Navigator to use on my T-Mobile 8320. Every time I try to use Mapquest Navigator, all it says is "Acquiring Satellites". It just.. stays there, and doesn't find any satellites. I got it to acquire a few ONCE from inside my house, and have had no luck since. I've tried using it inside, outside, and in a car. When I paid for Mapquest Navigator, it said it was compatible with my T-Mo 8320... but this page says differently :-\ I've checked the Bluetooth connection just to make sure, and that works fine and stays connected. I've also tried using Google Maps and Windows Live Search as well as BB Maps... all with no luck as far as using GPS goes. I've checked the permissions for the programs and set the GPS source to the Holux M-1200. Is there something else I need to do for my GPS to work?

brad34471 no está en línea Stack level 2
    On the Holux M-1200 you can visually tell if it has acquired the satellites. Is the orange LED on constantly or flashing once per second. If it is not flashing then the problem is the Holux has really not located the satellites.

Second step would be to make sure that you have selected the GPS Data Source as the Holux_M-1200 under Options-Advanced Options-GPS.

BTW: Mine works great with my 8320.
    Last edited by brad34471; 07-10-2008 at 08:37 PM.

PIN/ID
    248145F3
    Quote Originally Posted by brad34471 View Post
    On the Holux M-1200 you can visually tell if it has acquired the satellites. Is the orange LED on constantly or flashing once per second. If it is not flashing then the problem is the Holux has really not located the satellites.

Second step would be to make sure that you have selected the GPS Data Source as the Holux_M-1200 under Options-Advanced Options-GPS.

BTW: Mine works great with my 8320.
    Every time I turn the Holux on, the bluetooth light flashes but the orange light always stays lit. Thanks for the answer I'll try to have to find somewhere that it will locate the satellites.. though I'm not sure why it didn't work outside or in a car (I wasn't near any tall buildings or anything).

YanivC no está en línea Stack level 1
    Im using the Holux Slim 240 with my T-Mo 8320 and it works perfectly.
    Using it with Mapquest Navigator and MS Live and both work great.
    You mentioned that you got it to work inside your house once? That sounds a bit strange unless you stood on your balcony and got really lucky.
    Like Brad34471 said, make sure in Options->Advanced->GPS that youve selected the Holux as your GPS receiver.

gr8cop no está en línea Stack level 3
    I had to wipe my handset. I had a year subscription to navigator, does anyone know the link so that I can get it back..thanks

Never mind, I found it..
    Last edited by gr8cop; 07-10-2008 at 10:43 PM. Reason: additional information
    Went to the darkside and got a Vibrant!

PIN/ID
    248145F3
    Quote Originally Posted by YanivC View Post
    Im using the Holux Slim 240 with my T-Mo 8320 and it works perfectly.
    Using it with Mapquest Navigator and MS Live and both work great.
    You mentioned that you got it to work inside your house once? That sounds a bit strange unless you stood on your balcony and got really lucky.
    Like Brad34471 said, make sure in Options->Advanced->GPS that youve selected the Holux as your GPS receiver.
    Haha, it was really weird.. I wasn't on a balcony or anything, I was in my bedroom. I wasn't paying much attention to whether the orange LED on the Holux was flashing or not, but I know that Mapquest Navigator did acquire 6 satellites. Can't seem to get it to do it again, even when I let it sit for 15+ minutes. I went outside in my backyard even and tried to get the flashing orange LED to see if it'd work.. no luck. Hopefully I'll get it to work, because the directions & traffic features would've been super useful driving to the airport on Sunday haha