HELP - I've developed an Map/Info App Addiction! OK, I've been looking at my free ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Question Map/Location application choices

Advertisement

HELP - I've developed an Map/Info App Addiction!

OK, I've been looking at my free memory and I'm worried that it's getting a little low at ~ 19 MB. So I started looking at what apps I've got on my BB and I realized that I have the following apps that deal mainly with Maps and/or Location Information:

TeleNav Maps
    Goggle Maps
    BB Maps
    InfoSpace Find It!
    Tellme
    Beyond 411 Search

This seems a bit excessive and I can't possibly need ALL of these on my BB but I can't seem to make myself let go of any of them!! They all work a little bit differently so I can't chose one over another. Does anyone have some helpful suggestions on how to solve this dilemma? Can someone give me some very good and/or very bad experiences with any of the above that would help me?

As a fairly new BB owner I'm not sure exactly how to manipulate things sometimes. Is there any way to put these on my SD card so they aren't taking up space on the BB itself? Thanks!

barbuser no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Pin Me
    Lol I'm in the same boat, but no can't save apps to SD. I wish you could!

getmore4life no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2209848B

Re: Map/Location application choices

TeleNav can only be used to its full potential if you buy it. So if you have the free version, I suggest you should delete that one.

Google Maps is a great app that I love. You can get directions to almost anywhere in the world now. And who else offers such good satellite viewing! Oh and the GPS come on. This one is a must. Oh and i cant believe i almost forgot the traffic viewing. I live in LA and I always look at the traffic before going to work. In Downtown LA.

InfoSpace Fint It! is also a great app. you can search for things you need to find by name, category, and they also too have maps and directions. If im not mistaken you can have turn by turn directions with this program but thats only as you click for the next direction.

Beyond 411 Search is another great app, But a little hard to get used to at first. Dont use it that much so cant really tell you about this program. Maybe someone can fill you in with this one.

And Tellme I gave up on that one.
    Vince
    Pin Me Whenever 2209848B
    California Youth & Government

gritsinct no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

getmore4life - why did you give up on Tellme?
    Thanks!

chrisb3 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3048984c

don't forget Yahoo! Go.

getmore4life no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2209848B

Quote Originally Posted by gritsinct
    getmore4life - why did you give up on Tellme?
    Thanks!
    Well for some reason on my pearl it just never worked. I always got a error message and than it would just kick me out of the program. So I never really had the chance to try it out.
    Vince
    Pin Me Whenever 2209848B
    California Youth & Government