I don't know if most of you already know, but this is just food for ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

Magmic Games/Apps

Advertisement

I don't know if most of you already know, but this is just food for thought; which I just found out if you buy their games Magmic/Bplay be advised that you will only be generated reg codes 2 times within 1 year; meaning if you should change device frequently whether through upgrades or exchange, they only generate you new codes twice for the year, any time more than that you have to buy the games/apps all over again!! So be careful out there, I don't know about the rest of the community, but that's not fair all types of things happens to these berries, some are beyond our control and if we bought the games, I don't see why there should be a limit on how many times they generate reg codes!! What they should do is generate the codes by using our mobile number, that way people can't have the games on more that 1 BB at a time; but the way how Magmic generate the reg codes is by the BB pins...so in doing only 2 reg codes for a customer per year I guess they figure it would do away with piracy, people trying to be slick??!!!
    Last edited by cp6169; 07-30-2007 at 10:00 PM.
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

Krad no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Magmic Games

They are understanding folks and if something happens to your blackberry they won't turn you away. They know the value of their customers and what it means to have customer service. That is why i chose them to release my themes with.
    Last edited by cp6169; 07-30-2007 at 10:01 PM.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

I have changed devices many times and have never had a problem with them sending me codes.

PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

Well its good to see some positive feed back about them..don't get me wrong I bought several apps from them, their games are worth the price, but I like Erica had changed devices many times cause they malfunctioned; However, I have been trying to get new reg codes for the apps a couple of days now, and I have sent them over 20 emails.....so far no luck I am currently still waiting!!!
    Last edited by butterfly2; 07-31-2007 at 11:04 AM.
    A woman's heart should be so hidden in Christ that a man should have to seek Him first to find her.
    Maya Angelou

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

now are you switching devices but the same model? and if not depending on how many times you switch to new devices for example from a 8100 to a 8300 then they should honor it but if your going from 8100 to 7105 to 8800 to 8100 then that could lead to red flag. but give them time. Ive had first hand with other game developers it takes sometimes a week or two but if your running the newest desktop manager there is an option called switch device and it copies all data including games to the new phone.

PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

Quote Originally Posted by fritter
    now are you switching devices but the same model? and if not depending on how many times you switch to new devices for example from a 8100 to a 8300 then they should honor it but if your going from 8100 to 7105 to 8800 to 8100 then that could lead to red flag. but give them time. Ive had first hand with other game developers it takes sometimes a week or two but if your running the newest desktop manager there is an option called switch device and it copies all data including games to the new phone.
    Well I had a pearl and the pearl the trackball died, so Tmobile sent me another one the games don't work on the new bb, I tried! Thanks I did not know about the switch device option, I saw it on the DM but never thought to use it, I did everything manually; and I called Tmobile and they did not even suggest that they said I had to do everything manually so the games are not registered!! I am waiting on Magmic to resend me the new codes!!
    Last edited by butterfly2; 07-31-2007 at 11:35 AM.
    Maya Angelou

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

interesting so while doing the switching devices in desktop manager it completed but trying to run the game its a no go. what does it do when you try to run it?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I've gone back and forth between the 7100t, 7105t and 8100 since March of last year and had no problems. In fact I just went back and forth between the 8100 and 7100t (I'm back on the 8100) this past weekend and no problems.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

only other thing i guess to try is to retry switching device via desktop manager but make sure the new device is wiped clean first.

PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

Well ok I am happy for the good advice; I will wait on them and see what happens, I emailed them yesterday again for the umpteenth time, hopefully they will get back to me before winter begins...LOL
    Maya Angelou

PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

YEAH!!! Finally got it (my reg codes) and they threw in a free game....the duck shooting game....I am happy now...so is my bb she has been fed!LOL
    Maya Angelou