Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

I've been using the new Viigo Tango Mango for longest time, even since they upgraded ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

  1. #1
    Paian's Avatar
    Paian no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    211

    Looking for old version of Viigo, new one lags

    Advertisement



    I've been using the new Viigo Tango Mango for longest time, even since they upgraded in fact

    It has many new feature and all (which I don't even use) but when it comes down to it you use it for the feeds

    I'm now thinking of down grading back to the old version. Version 2 I think. Because old version is much faster, never give me the hour glass of death, and never lags on me

    Does anyone know where I can find it?

  2. #2
    jesssquire's Avatar
    jesssquire no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    PIN/ID
    250edab5
    Posts
    41
    Hi Paian - Thanks for the feedback. We're working really hard on improving the performance of Viigo 3.0. In fact, when was the last time you upgraded your version of Viigo? Throughout the summer and fall we've released a handful of Viigo upgrades that address the hour-glassing and other performance issues you're experiencing.

    1) What version are you currently running (options > about).. I'm curious whether you're experiencing these on the latest version of Viigo.
    2) If you're running something < version 3.0.246 - get your Pinstack-Viigo upgrade here - http://getviigo.com/pinstack.
    3) Unfortunately, you can no longer download Viigo 2.0 from our website.

    If you have any questions - feel free to ping me on Pinstack, or shoot me an email from the feedback widget directly within Viigo.

    Jesse

  3. #3
    Timo529's Avatar
    Timo529 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    72
    I have been having the exact same issue and I am using version 3.0.246 with blackberry pearl it is so bad I have to restart sometimes after installing via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

  4. #4
    HeavyComponent's Avatar
    HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Posts
    2,557
    My question is, when will Viigo get out of "BETA"?
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

    --HeavyC.

  5. #5
    jesssquire's Avatar
    jesssquire no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    PIN/ID
    250edab5
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by jesssquire View Post
    Hi Paian - Thanks for the feedback. We're working really hard on improving the performance of Viigo 3.0. In fact, when was the last time you upgraded your version of Viigo? Throughout the summer and fall we've released a handful of Viigo upgrades that address the hour-glassing and other performance issues you're experiencing.

    1) What version are you currently running (options > about).. I'm curious whether you're experiencing these on the latest version of Viigo.
    2) If you're running something < version 3.0.246 - get your Pinstack-Viigo upgrade here - http://getviigo.com/pinstack.
    3) Unfortunately, you can no longer download Viigo 2.0 from our website.

    If you have any questions - feel free to ping me on Pinstack, or shoot me an email from the feedback widget directly within Viigo.

    Jesse
    4) Actually, you can download Viigo 2.0 OTA by mobile browsing to http://getviigo.com/lite - I apologize for any confusion.

  6. #6
    Paian's Avatar
    Paian no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    211
    Thx Jesss. That's exactly what I'm looking for! It nice how Viigo still have "lite" version for those that wishes to use just the rss feed. Because I really don't need the extra feature (which are great, my frd uses the sport section)

  7. #7
    calm_tiger's Avatar
    calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,418
    Quote Originally Posted by Paian View Post
    Thx Jesss. That's exactly what I'm looking for! It nice how Viigo still have "lite" version for those that wishes to use just the rss feed. Because I really don't need the extra feature (which are great, my frd uses the sport section)
    Wow, I emailed viigo for this same info and never got an answer back. I agree with you 1000% I don't need all the bells and whistles just the feeds. It's great to have the "lite" version back now

  8. #8
    ahmadnassri's Avatar
    ahmadnassri no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    PIN/ID
    2066e4d5
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by calm_tiger View Post
    Wow, I emailed viigo for this same info and never got an answer back. I agree with you 1000% I don't need all the bells and whistles just the feeds. It's great to have the "lite" version back now
    I'm sorry we didn't reply back to you, our support team gets tons of questions/suggestions and feedback sometimes they get overwhelmed by all the love
    Ahmad Nassri.
    Director, Web Services
    Viigo Inc.

  9. #9
    Paian's Avatar
    Paian no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    211
    Bumpage for old thread!

    Thank you Viigo Team for the Lite version, however I now also run into another issue with the Lite version

    I just recently switch into the Storm (freaking loved the phone after firmware update, dont know what other nay-sayer talking about)

    Anyways, My Storm is running on 4.7.0.109 and 3.0.892 Viigo
    It doesnt run good on it, the lag issue is kinda gone but from time to time I get a blank screen (not completely blank, I can still click into the link and only see the link when my finger touch that specific link, otherwise the screen is pure blank)

    I believe this is an issue with the switch of viewing mode, this happen whenever I switch from landscape into portrait (or vice versa) while the feed is updating, once update is done, the screen goes blank or sometime just dont respond... sometime crashes too

    Also on some rare time, the whole Viigo just crashes once I click into RSS feed from the homescreen, it crashes and give me a java error pop up

  10. #10
    mrvtx's Avatar
    mrvtx no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by jesssquire View Post
    4) Actually, you can download Viigo 2.0 OTA by mobile browsing to http://getviigo.com/lite - I apologize for any confusion.
    Tried to download the lite version for my bold and got a message "not supported"?

  11. #11
    ahmadnassri's Avatar
    ahmadnassri no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    PIN/ID
    2066e4d5
    Posts
    16

    Lite Version not support on Storm

    sorry but the Lite version is not support on the Bold/Storm.
    Ahmad Nassri.
    Director, Web Services
    Viigo Inc.

  12. #12
    Paian's Avatar
    Paian no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    211
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmadnassri View Post
    sorry but the Lite version is not support on the Bold/Storm.
    May I ask why so?

    the lite version is so much better, it should be an option for those who just seek quicker access to "just" feed

    I would love the lite to work on my Storm

  13. #13
    ahmadnassri's Avatar
    ahmadnassri no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    PIN/ID
    2066e4d5
    Posts
    16

    Lite Version not support on Bold/Storm

    well the lite version predates the Bold and the Storm ... back then there was no OS 4.7 yet

    the Lite version is basically the OLD Viigo ...
    Ahmad Nassri.
    Director, Web Services
    Viigo Inc.

  14. #14
    mrvtx's Avatar
    mrvtx no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmadnassri View Post
    sorry but the Lite version is not support on the Bold/Storm.
    I actually wound up uninstalling the lite from my 8830. It was faster, but I did like the convenience of setting some options like not having to confirm deletes, etc.

  15. #15
    Paian's Avatar
    Paian no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    211
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmadnassri View Post
    well the lite version predates the Bold and the Storm ... back then there was no OS 4.7 yet

    the Lite version is basically the OLD Viigo ...
    but thats the thing... when I switch device, Viigo lite DID work on the storm (works great)

    than I was thinking, meh, lets give the latest Viigo one more try, than I upgraded to Viigo3 than realize Lite is still better, so went back for downgrade and Shazam!! It told me I cannot reinstall, even thou I clearly used it on the Storm before

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •