Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~We'll test Jivetalk next. The logs on it on Blackberry Forums seem to ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: looking for Verichat......

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~We'll test Jivetalk next. The logs on it on Blackberry Forums seem to show that it has promise but because its still in beta (alpha by my standards) I wouldn't yet install it for mission critical use. Currently the comments show promise but since the developers are taking the server down in the middle of the day without notice (as they should do in a development environment) , I'd gladly trial it and give feedback but I wouldn't roll it out to end users.

I plan to test Jivetalk over the next few days and will post comments here.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~My first impressions of JiveTalk are very encouraging. More to come.

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by bartokbatt
    IM+ only show that a buddy is away; they won't show the buddy's away message

Sure it does, atleast the Pearl version I have does. I am looking at my buddies away mesages in IM+ Yahoo right this second. You can also select a buddy press menu then details to get the full description.

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by bartokbatt
    don't have is the ability to click on phone #s or website URLs and have the call made/website opened. If you read the documentation from IM+ and Webmessenger it says this works but in reality it doesn't.

No where does IM+ say you can click and call phone numbers. You can click on email addresses and write emails and go directly to web sites. You select the site then go into the Menu.

MWPatterson no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Plz

JiveTalk is more stable since the new release. I do have a question about it. Does it use SMS or Data? I might have to add more SMS to my plan if continue to use it.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~MWPatterson, All the IM programs use data, not SMS.

Jivetalk is very encouraging as a beta. Its already more stable than IM+ and Webmessenger except when the developers reboot the servers. You still can't click on phone #s or web URLs, and there is no Select option to allow copy-paste functionality. At this stage I would classify JiveTalk as slightly better than IM+ or Webmessenger but it seems to be getting much better with each beta release.

I'm going to close my coments with this posting since I now know that my replacement for Verichat will be JiveTalk.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12