Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

for some reason i cant seem to find this verichat program everyone keeps talking about.... ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

gameoverceo no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32c1af5e

looking for Verichat......

Advertisement

for some reason i cant seem to find this verichat program everyone keeps talking about.... i google it and the web site it takes me to tells me that verichat is no longer available...... can someone help me?
    Mr.Pierre

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: looking for Verichat......

Its no longer available and was discontinued.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Quote Originally Posted by rkkeller
    Its no longer available and was discontinued.
    Wow, I wasn't aware of that. What happen to the people who has a year subscribtion payed off? Did they get their money back?

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~We have more than 30 Verichat licenses simply because, bar none, it is the best IM product for the Blackberry. Nokia bought Intellisync which had previously bought PDAapps (Verichat) and then they killed Verichat. Licenses have continued to work until their renewal date and then there is no way to renew so we've had to find alternate products. We have done testing on IM+, Webmessenger, Ramble, etc. and none of them is in the same league as Verichat. In our testing IM+ and Webmessenger were the best of all the remaining products but each had serious shortcomings like mysteriously logging out with no notice, not receiving or sending some IMs while receving others, permenently deleting buddies from AIM so even when the desktop AIM client was used the buddy was gone, etc. Ramble would not even install properly on the test Blackberries. After our testing finished we found Causerie, but have yet to test it.

We tried contacting Nokia several times but they won't return our phone calls and emails.

We want our Verichat back!

melerant no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    32C029E1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~if you want to test webmessenger out here's the site. .http://www.webmessenger.com/products/mimblackberry.htmm
    (Web messenger)

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Bummer Bartokbat, I love Verichat and have been using it for the past six months. Guess I'll have to find another product.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~libyar, you should be able to keep using it for the rest of your 1-year license...unless they pull the plug before then.

LILKOOLZ no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215A2AF1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~You can download the app, but it will only work for the trial period without any way to extend/activate beyond the trial period unless you want to keep reinstalling the trial every couple of weeks.

I keep hoping someone will come out with a decent IM product to replace Verichat. This will become personally critical to me in April when my Verichat expires.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~jivetalk, its fantastic. I'm beta testing it right now. I would have to say that it is or it will be the best one out there.

Dollarbill79 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    4019F26F

So if i had verichat but had to get a new BB can i redownload the software and put my license info in and still get the full version until my license runs out?
    Its better to be pi$$ed off that pi$$ed on.....

Feel free to pin me up.....
    PIN:4019F26F

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I beleive that will work. We replaced about 100 Blackberries and put Verichat on 30. It was only when one Verichat license expired and we tried to re-up the license that we couldn't renew it.

One other thing that's great about Verichat that IM+ and Webmessenger don't have is the ability to click on phone #s or website URLs and have the call made/website opened. If you read the documentation from IM+ and Webmessenger it says this works but in reality it doesn't.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I wish we had taken copious notes during testing but all of us were immediately dissatisfied so we didn't. Webmessenger and IM+ only show that a buddy is away; they won't show the buddy's away message like Verichat does. This is important for our business because people leave contact information there and if we can't get to that info then we're stuck.

I'm about to test Causerie but my initial reaction, even before I actually use the software, is downbeat because the current version is three years old (2004). Let's hope I'm wrong. I'll post results in this thread.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~I wish we had taken copious notes during testing but all of us were immediately dissatisfied so we didn't. Webmessenger and IM+ only show that a buddy is away; they won't show the buddy's away message like Verichat does. This is important for our business because people leave contact information there and if we can't get to that info then we're stuck.

I'm about to test Causerie but my initial reaction, even before I actually use the software, is downbeat because the current version is three years old (2004). Let's hope I'm wrong. I'll post results in this thread.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Nope I'm not wrong. Causerie instantly failed. It only shows one buddyas being online. Period.

When I tried to IM another person that I knew was online I received an away message from another buddy that I knew was away. The first person never got my IM. Wow that failed fast. Bye bye Causerie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast