So one thing Windows Mobile has against Blackberry's are the fact that they can have ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro

Lightbulb Looking for Speed Dial w/ icons.

Advertisement

So one thing Windows Mobile has against Blackberry's are the fact that they can have picture speed dials. By this I mean they have icons on their desktop they can click to call someone. I even downloaded an app for my iPhone that let me call someone by tapping their picture on the desktop.

Is there any app like this out there for the Blackberry? I know we can assign speed dials, but an "icon" speed dial is what I'm looking for.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    BB isn't that "multimedia rich" yet. Plus, I would much rather just hold down a button to call someone rather than scrolling around on the screen trying to see a tiny picture just to have a picture speed-dial icon...but to each their own.

I'm sure it'll be here soon enough...
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

kolosus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    315677A8
    I'm not 100% but I think you can add the "favfive" feature to any phone... as long as its compatible with TMos version of the software. Which will let you make quick calls to 5 people. But you already listed your carrier as TMo. So I'm not sure what the problem is. Do you just want icon calling to everyone? If you do I'm pretty sure its not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by KalebsDad78 View Post
    BB isn't that "multimedia rich" yet. Plus, I would much rather just hold down a button to call someone rather than scrolling around on the screen trying to see a tiny picture just to have a picture speed-dial icon...but to each their own.

I'm sure it'll be here soon enough...
    Yea, I guess it makes more sense on a touch screen phone. But I always thought the idea was cool, and it would be nice to have a few pictures of your loved ones on your desktop, other than your wallpaper.

Quote Originally Posted by kolosus View Post
    I'm not 100% but I think you can add the "favfive" feature to any phone... as long as its compatible with TMos version of the software. Which will let you make quick calls to 5 people. But you already listed your carrier as TMo. So I'm not sure what the problem is. Do you just want icon calling to everyone? If you do I'm pretty sure its not possible.
    I have Tmoble but I have an AT&T phone. I don't know if myfaves will still work, but either way I'm not using myfaves! :P Thanks for the suggestion.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    I bet it's possible to write a small java app to do it, but I'm not a programmer, so I don't know how easy it would be. Maybe there just isn't enough demand for it.

acljoe no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You do know that the Blackberry has Turbo Dial, which allows you to assign any of the 26 letter keys to dial an assigned number when you push and hold that key.

If the picture thing is a hang up for you, you can also assign a picture to that contact and it will pop up when dialing.

This pretty much blows Windows Mobile out of the water, and is much less clunky.

acljoe no está en línea Stack level 1

One quick followup, if ypu want pictures of your loved ones as icons on your homescreen, there is a great app called Webshortcuts that can give you this ability.

Quote Originally Posted by acljoe View Post

You do know that the Blackberry has Turbo Dial, which allows you to assign any of the 26 letter keys to dial an assigned number when you push and hold that key.

If the picture thing is a hang up for you, you can also assign a picture to that contact and it will pop up when dialing.

This pretty much blows Windows Mobile out of the water, and is much less clunky.
    Yes I know about this, and I know the app would be form over function, but it's just something I was thinking about.

Quote Originally Posted by acljoe View Post

One quick followup, if ypu want pictures of your loved ones as icons on your homescreen, there is a great app called Webshortcuts that can give you this ability.
    Thanks, I'll definitely look into this!

stranjal7 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    #ASK#
    Anyone know where I can find the info on adding the myfaves app without having the myfaves plan onto my berry? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Not possible to get the myfaves app without the plan. It is pushed to the phone by tmobile once the plan is active.

Rhokk222 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204FF9DF
    Well if it is a module and i bet that it is... then all someone would have to do is use javaloader to "save" that particular module and then load that cod up on another phone once again using javaloader.

This of course requires someone that actually has "myfavs" on their BB. Worth a try maybe?