Hi guys, first time on the site, this is obviously the #1 BB resourse around! ... 3rd Party BlackBerry Software forum

rhythmco no está en línea Stack level 1

Looking for software need advice

Advertisement

Hi guys, first time on the site, this is obviously the #1 BB resourse around! Glad to be here!

i am looking for a 3rd party software that will allow me to create a new directory to store downloaded "non-media" files to my media card, store them, and access them on demand.

In other words, if i have a .doc file attachment in an email, i want to be able to save it to a folder on the phone's media card - and access it later for viewing or possibly attaching it to another email. I can create a folder on the media card through usb connection/mass storage mode and place it there, but cannot see the folder on the phone itself. (we can only see ringtones, video, music and pictures)

Is there a 3rd party app out there that anyone could recommend that would help me with this? Am i actually making myself clear on what i'm looking for?

thanks so much!!!! Chris in TN

kentrg no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    246FBBBA

Re: Looking for software need advice

eFile 4.1.107 application available at

http://www.smartphone.net/blackberry...il.asp?id=3365

d8nnii no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2569098C

Take a look at this thread it guides you to see the "invisible" folder you created in your storage using the media folder
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...cod-files.html
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by d8nnii View Post
    Take a look at this thread it guides you to see the "invisible" folder you created in your storage using the media folder <URL WAS HERE>
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    WOW! This is super helpful stuff! I had no idea that i could do this on the phone. Just open your media -> menu -> explore. THank you so much for pointing me in this direction!

This leads me to another question......i sent myself a test email with a .txt attachment. I can of course open and view it, but do not have the option to save it to the media card in any way. Seems like anything other than a ringtone, song, pic, or video does not give the option to save it from an email. I can only transfer other files from the desktop manager at this point.

Any thoughts on getting around this? Is there anyway to save other file types from email attachments?

Thanks so much - Chris
    BB 8800

Quote Originally Posted by kentrg View Post
    eFile 4.1.107 application available at
    Thank you so much! I downloaded the efile software and have been playing with it today. Pretty neat, but i'm still running into the same problem of not being able to save a file attachment from email other than a ringtone, song, video or pic.

Any suggestions?

Chris
    BB8800